Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

I don't even know what to think about Conor. I can't think of a moment I've seen him really involved in any play, not that I'm saying that is down to him necessarily.

One thing I have noticed is that in the goals video for Barnsley, he usually picks it up from loose balls around the area, arriving late to the box, taking knock downs from the forward. Really, when have we ever created such a chance for him? How are we so incapable of mustering even these sort of half chances?

Just now, a m ole said:

I don't even know what to think about Conor. I can't think of a moment I've seen him really involved in any play, not that I'm saying that is down to him necessarily.

One thing I have noticed is that in the goals video for Barnsley, he usually picks it up from loose balls around the area, arriving late to the box, taking knock downs from the forward. Really, when have we ever created such a chance for him? How are we so incapable of mustering even these sort of half chances?

You don't muster half chances when everyone is instructed to stop moving when they reach the half way line.

• Like 2

Just now, a m ole said:

its the same with Hogan, his highlights video and the "service" we provided him are on different planets

Its like Bruce jsut signed these lads without seeing them play

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

How was this guy one of the best midfielders in the Champ? (I'm not really asking Farlz, just wondering)

He hasn't shown me anything, except that he's very timid and looks scared.

I'd never heard of him before we bought him. Doesn't look all that useful from what I have seen so far.

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

How was this guy one of the best midfielders in the Champ? (I'm not really asking Farlz, just wondering)

He hasn't shown me anything, except that he's very timid and looks scared.

He has only been at the club 3 weeks and can't have been ruined in that time, he wasn't really that good just suited the team he played in. Buying players that look good in an environment they are used to does not guarantee success in a new team, no matter how big they think they are

How has he not even gone close to lining up a shot like he did for Barnsley. Are we playing him too deep? Did he have for freedom under their manager? more control? Is Lansbury in his way.. can we not play both at the same time?

I just refuse to believe hes turned shit. Theres clearly a tactical error somewhere. 

He is either a big time bottler who can't hack it playing at a big club or Bruce's negative tactics.

Personally he looks like a attacking midfielder. With hogans injury I would play bacuna back in cm with henri and and jedinak with  having Hourihane just behind kodjia

1 hour ago, KSV said:

How has he not even gone close to lining up a shot like he did for Barnsley. Are we playing him too deep? Did he have for freedom under their manager? more control? Is Lansbury in his way.. can we not play both at the same time?

I just refuse to believe hes turned shit. Theres clearly a tactical error somewhere. 

There are tactical errors everywhere.

Bruce just doesn't know how to play them,  and is far too defensive, which is never going to suit them.

Bruce has always been defensive,  it was never going to be any different.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Personally he looks like a attacking midfielder. With hogans injury I would play bacuna back in cm with henri and and jedinak with  having Hourihane just behind kodjia

Probably worth a try tbh. I know a lot don't rate Bacuna, but I personally like him in midfield and a diamond would work for him IMO.

15 hours ago, Farlz said:

We've managed to ruin one of the best midfielders in the Championship. Good job Villa.

Good job, Bruce, you mean. Villa is a club, not a manager, or a coach - a club.

The blame must go where it belongs - with the manager and his staff.

So far they have ruined/pissed off/got rid of - Hogan, Lansbury, Hourahane, Ayew, Tsibola, McCormack, Gollini, Gestede and Amavi.

That's virtually an entire team.

• Like 2

Â