Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, tismyk said:

Give me Westwood any day over him and our other midfielders after the last 2 performances.

Oh how quickly people forget. He's miles better than westwood. Just needs a manager who will get the team passing the ball and keeping possession rather than relying on counter attacks. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

A player who isnt allowed to play.

I think 'not allowed to play' is a little harsh, but i understand your point. 

We currently aren't playing to his strengths, but its his 2nd game. I'm sure he will come good. 

I thought he was awful. Bottles loads of tackles, loses the ball despite having plenty of time, passing was poor. He may be good at set pieces, but he's going to have to start scoring from corners to make up for the rest of his play.

• Like 2

Has a had a very ordinary start, do we get behind him and build his confidence therefore improve his performances or do we ruin him like Westwood ? Go team villa fan it's up to you and if you get bored with him there's always Thor, Lansbury, and of course our goalie, spoilt for choice. Enjoy.

3 minutes ago, smg said:

Has a had a very ordinary start, do we get behind him and build his confidence therefore improve his performances or do we ruin him like Westwood ? Go team villa fan it's up to you and if you get bored with him there's always Thor, Lansbury, and of course our goalie, spoilt for choice. Enjoy.

Haha we ruined Westwood. Good one.

58 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Cripes! I can't believe we're writing players off after 2 away games. I'm giving VT a break for a while it's bad for my mental health. 

Spot on

Edited by knoppy1987
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DK82 said:

His movement across the pitch was fantastic, looked to be settling in and from 65 mins he was dictating play. Shame his colleague let him down!

Agreed, our goal was down to him pressing two of their players and winning back the ball. 

• Like 1

The problem is that when you have a ball playing footballer who doesn't have a huge amount of pace or is especially physical, playing in a side that spent the first half almost exclusively looking to play through midfield, then he is not going to back much of an impact.

He grew into the game in the second half, especially when we actually tried to play football, he looked a good player to me and but in some good balls into the box.

I do feel that we will never seen the best of him in a Villa shirt whilst Bruce is here because of Bruce's tactics.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â