Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

18 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Drop him, win and score from a set piece. 

You seem to be saying that our victory, in spite of an appalling performance, is because we dropped him?

I prefer to think that we achieved our narrow victory because we were playing a very poor Championship side.

Out of all our midfield signings I was most excited by the Conor signing but he's disappointed so far.

He was the main man at Barnsley but hasn't quite established himself here yet, still very early days but I would like to see a few standout games from him before the end of the season to remind us why we bought him.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2017 at 11:46, AntrimBlack said:

You seem to be saying that our victory, in spite of an appalling performance, is because we dropped him?

I prefer to think that we achieved our narrow victory because we were playing a very poor Championship side.

I think dropping him helped us win, yes. Not just because he wasn't in the side, nor because it meant he wasn't taking the corner we scored from, but also because Bacuna replaced him and played very well.

But seriously, I don't know. While the above I do believe is somewhat true, I think having Jedinak back was the bigger reason and I'm looking forward to Hourihane finally having a game alongside him in midfield, as I think it'll do him wonders.

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

I think dropping him helped us win, yes. Not just because he wasn't in the side, nor because it meant he wasn't taking the corner we scored from, but also because Bacuna replaced him and played very well.

But seriously, I don't know. While the above I do believe is somewhat true, I think having Jedinak back was the bigger reason and I'm looking forward to Hourihane finally having a game alongside him in midfield, as I think it'll do him wonders.

He's injured. He wasn't dropped!

Dead leg...should be available for tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

I'm looking forward to Hourihane finally having a game alongside him in midfield, as I think it'll do him wonders.

Not that an away game against Newcastle is particularly representative of our season, but they did play together in that match.  Their only match together so far.

Â