Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

17 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Hourihane is quoted as "not ruling out the play off places", now even I who likes to be optimistic and has said many times during the earlier part of the season up until recently that anything can happen in this league and we can get play offs, doesn't believe this is even possible anymore, but I like the attitude that he has. 

I'd prefer he starts doing his talking in the pitch. He has been shit so far

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I'd prefer he starts doing his talking in the pitch. He has been shit so far

Harsh, he's put in multiple balls that could and maybe should have resulted in a few goals already. And that's with him being 'shit'. 

On 15/02/2017 at 08:36, bobzy said:

I remain convinced that barely any (if any!) of us watched him at Barnsley and have no idea how he played there.  We've seen amazing statistics with regards to assists and deemed him to be brilliant based on that.

I've seen him. He was outstanding. Pretty much ran the show for them week in week out.

Sign of a good team and a well run club. Lose an influential player and they have an answer to it. 

We just crumble.

Alot of the Barnsley fans seemed to comment.. theres too many chefs in the kitchen. Play him in a 442 next to ball winning midfielder (Jedinak) and let him do the rest. Maybe a 4-2-1-2 Would suit us well. At full strength. 

----------------------------Bunn-------------------------

Bree-----------Elphick---------Chester--------Taylor

-----------------Jedinak-------Hourihane------------

-------------------------Lansbury----------------------

Green--------------------------------------------Kodjia

--------------------------Hogan-------------------------

Edited by KSV

25 minutes ago, SidSidSidSid said:

Given how shit we are with 11, I don't think we should start playing with 10 men! :D

Oops. Forgot Green :). I like the kid. Should be starting every game for us. Hes not afraid. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Hourihane is quoted as "not ruling out the play off places", now even I who likes to be optimistic and has said many times during the earlier part of the season up until recently that anything can happen in this league and we can get play offs, doesn't believe this is even possible anymore, but I like the attitude that he has. 

It's one of those though, isn't it. He has to say we have a chance. He can hardly turn around and say "nah we've got no chance".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KSV said:

Oops. Forgot Green :). I like the kid. Should be starting every game for us. Hes not afraid. 

I would persevere with him. I like him too, still raw, but needs to learn his trade in the first team.....He is no worse than some of the players we are playing against and are turning us over.

I would play him in lieu of Grealish.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, TRO said:

I would persevere with him. I like him too, still raw, but needs to learn his trade in the first team.....He is no worse than some of the players we are playing against and are turning us over.

I would play him in lieu of Grealish.

Me too. Dont rate Grealish. This kid has alot more potential imo. 

24 minutes ago, KSV said:

On the wing. 

So you'd play with one winger and two up front? 

I know this is off topic in this thread and sorry, but this is the thing for me with Green - you can either play him on the wing, which means you also need to play Adomah for balance - or you can play him up front and drop one of Hogan and Kodjia - I accept the temptation to play the all of the players that people like and worry about a team later, but there also has to be some sort of idea of a shape and balance.

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I know this is off topic in this thread and sorry, but this is the thing for me with Green - you can either play him on the wing, which means you also need to play Adomah for balance - or you can play him up front and drop one of Hogan and Kodjia - I accept the temptation to play the all of the players that people like and worry about a team later, but there also has to be some sort of idea of a shape and balance.

so who was the opposite winger when Morley was playing?

On 2/18/2017 at 12:43, OutByEaster? said:

not necessarily, you can play with one winger or even get him to swap wings if he has the ability.

Edited by TRO

On 2/18/2017 at 23:43, OutByEaster? said:

I agree. Adomah can play but i would like to give Kodjia a run on the other wing and leave Hogan central. I just dont think Kodjia is very good as a central striker. I think Green can play a similar role to Kodjia where hes not completely on the wing and can be a narrow front three. The kid has massive talent. Seems to have a better attitude than Grealish too. 

Edited by KSV

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Anyone know why he didn't play?

Might have something to do with our own manager's lack of tactics completely nullifying him.

Rafa didn't even need to do anything.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Â