Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Instantly becomes the best player at the club for me.

Stands up and takes responsibility and delivers.

Will go on to be one of the club's best signings in years.

At Barnsley he did, yes. McCormack took responsibility and delivered elsewhere too.

• Like 1

Yes it might take 10 games for him to settle in and we may only see his best next season.

Hopefully people give all the new signings a chance.

And yes I agree, we have no time available to let them settle if we are aiming for playoffs, then we need them fully performing from game 1.

On 1/26/2017 at 16:27, Villan4Life said:

There are several things I like about this video, but the main one is that he actually gives real answers to questions. 

I'm so so excited about this guy, more or less the most excited I've been for many years. Get in!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

He calls himself an all-round midfielder which is impressive as they dont seem to exist anymore

I think that's totally spot on. I'm a 'Westwood apologist' but I couldn't help notice the stark difference between the quotes when both joined villa. Ashley was quoted being happy to play a very specific role, as the guy who keeps possession and enables better attackers to play their game. Conor talks about doing it all. I've got high expectations but I also want to respect how difficult this move will be for him. He's got a lot on his shoulders.

It was interesting for me how he said to one reporter....." I've come here to score goals"

The difference in attitude.

Not afraid to pile pressure on himself.....It would have been easy for him to say I'm a midfielder its not my job to score goals, I create them.

ps you kinda get that gut feeling with some players, even before you see them play for you.

Edited by TRO

You can tell he's a leader and in control of his own career.

Other midfielders you do get that feeling of "I like a single role, I'll do what the boss tells me" which is fine, but it's nice to see a midfielder come in and be almost like "I'm the boss, I will defend, I will score goals, I will create goals". Lansbury was similar with his admission that he hates losing even on the training pitch. That was him saying that he does everything in his power to win and any team mate that gets in the way gets a bollocking. We have two central midfielders that know what they want and will do anything to make sure the team wins.

I am very excited for the future of this club. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2017 at 00:01, PatrickCousens said:

Let's not kill him with overhype. He looks a good signing, let's let him bed in, get on with it and see how he does.

I don't think it's overhype to say he'll be a significant upgrade on what we have though - looking forward to seeing him and Lansbury in the midfield, and Kodjia back up top. 

Too wise and mature attitude. This guy is a gem and I expect him to score aplenty!

A couple of years ago, I popped back to Cornwall for the weekend and took in a game at Home park with my Pompey supporting mate, it was a fairly terrible game with a couple of scrappy goals and usual suspect defending (as you'd expect from a League Two game I suppose).

This signing had me thinking whether Conor was playing for the greens that weekend.  Some google-fu later, it turns out it had a decent enough contribution - though due to severe unwellness and general inability to keep my insides inside there wasn't much else I can remember about the game :P

I think this guy says "you know" more than Ashley Young you guys. The new messiah is here!!

In all seriousness, you know, it's a great opportunity for the lad, you know. He's gonna play under Steve Bruce, you know, who you know, had a, you know, great career you know.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I think this guy says "you know" more than Ashley Young you guys. The new messiah is here!!

In all seriousness, you know, it's a great opportunity for the lad, you know. He's gonna play under Steve Bruce, you know, who you know, had a, you know, great career you know.

You know, you may be onto something there, you know.

• Like 1

Â