Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, GrassyNoel said:

Spot on. Feels like we've finally replaced some key players from years ago. 

Absolutely, totally, utterly ecstatic with these signings! What a window. 

It feels like a privilege to be an Aston Villa fan again, it's been too long, I just hope that they gel quickly 

8 hours ago, Avfc1590 said:

Barnsley fans visiting Villa Park on Valentine's Day will be like going out and watching your ex getting it on with one of your mates. 

I had a short but sweet with a Barnsley lass

Terrific sh@.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NIVillan said:

Last Time down here in these parts of the football pyramid we also nicked a midfielder off Barnsley called Stuart Gray.

Helped us get promoted and became our Captain.

Nice reminder and let's hope that lightning strikes twice for us. We also signed Danny Blanchflower from Barnsley and he also proved to be a very decent signing. Little wonder we have signed another two from them in two days then!   

When was the last time we signed the player considered to be the best in his position in the division we were in at the time? Even if we just limit that to statistically. 

Hasn't happened in my time supporting the club. Closest we ever got was Collymore and arguably he wasn't even in the top 5 strikers, though he was up there. That was a distaster of course, but hey ho. Name me another. 

I think that hopefully explains why fans are excited. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

When was the last time we signed the player considered to be the best in his position in the division we were in at the time? Even if we just limit that to statistically. 

McCormack?

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Hasn't happened in my time supporting the club. Closest we ever got was Collymore and arguably he wasn't even in the top 5 strikers, though he was up there. That was a distaster of course, but hey ho. Name me another. 

I think that hopefully explains why fans are excited. 

I don't think Hourihane is the best midfielder in the championship? Not convinced he's even definitely the best at the club. But he is very good and in form, and left footed to add the balance that Bruce likes in the side.

I'm excited because he looks like the right fit for us and our team. I do think he's a fantastic signing. But if he was the best player in the championship, moving to Villa for peanuts wouldn't be happening, he'd be off to some Prem team. 

Â