Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well statistically, he is. Which I did add as a caveat considering the vast majority of people won't have seen all that much of him. 

Yourself included. Not a dig, just saying. 

I think I've misinterpreted what you've meant by statistically then, because I would say players like Mo Diame and Bradley Johnson are statistically better Championship midfielders than he is, I'd even stretch to say Lansbury is too. Consistent, proven, statistically strong players at this level and above over several years. 

If you're going by this season alone then I have no argument, he's definitely top dog. I'd phrase it "the most in-form central midfielder of the Championship" though, myself. If that's what you are saying. But then we're just getting into a semantics debate which is pointless and boring and no-one has time for that

Sorry for the misunderstanding, hope this doesn't come across like I'm trying to make an argument out of it :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not at all. I was merely attempting to clarify myself! Good points raised. 

I must say that as a fit for the Villa, I don't think I would have hand picked two better players to sit alongside each other than Hourihane and Lansbury in this division. Even different stronger feet on them. 

The anticipation for the Brentford game is killing me. If we win that game convincingly I think the fanbase and this site will go into meltdown!

• Like 3

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

He can easily be a Gareth Barry type player for us with a little bit of mobility and creativity. 

He will be the player that would keep our midfield ticking.  

Liverpool bid next January incoming

Loved his interview. Comes across as a pretty intelligent guy, knows how to answer questions and say the right things. I liked how he straddles that line between being humble but still being confident in his own ability. Can't wait for Brentford.

• Like 2

Â