Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

7 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Looking at his highlights, does he remind anyone else of Hitzelberger? Not only because the names are complicated and start with a H, but he seems to have a deadly left foot, has scored some amazing goals the last few years. Very excited about this player! And must say, the comments by Barnsley fans are making me even more excited! Humble fans judging by their comments.

I was thinking Milner myself. I know he didn't have one really strong foot, but it's the work ethic, getting in and around the box.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Looking at his highlights, does he remind anyone else of Hitzelberger? Not only because the names are complicated and start with a H, but he seems to have a deadly left foot, has scored some amazing goals the last few years. Very excited about this player! And must say, the comments by Barnsley fans are making me even more excited! Humble fans judging by their comments.

Does he like other football players in a non footballing way?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bobzy said:

How did Crewe fans feel about Westwood?  That would be the only link.

We wouldn't be praising Westwood as our "best midfielder in 20 years" as he clearly isn't.  Hence buying new midfielders.  Boring bashing.

Read the start of the Westwood thread - there is only one comment third hand from Crewe fans and he was POTY for them when we signed him and was quite promising... Nothing like "best player for 20 years"

48 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Welcome Conor! 

This is the signing that most excites me. The fact we got two other midfielders for him to link up with just makes it amazing.

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Careful, the same was said of Vertout on here.

And Westwood :( ...

Seriously though welcome Conor; glad you have joined the party! :) 

• Like 1

Also, it's amazing that the vast majority of tweets about this move from Barnsley fans are thanking him for all he's done and wishing him the best of luck.  I've seen little if any of the usual vitriol that tends to be thrown at departing stars.  Classy stuff Barnsley :thumb:

And remember, this is after losing Bree to us and top scorer Sam Winnall to Sheff Wed as well.  Ouch :(

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Fella i work with a Leeds fan we were talking yesterday about hourihane coming in. Said to me he absolutely destroyed bridcutt at the weekend. Shook him up with a heavy but fair tackle and dominated thereafter knocking the stuffing out of Leeds. I'm around long enough as a villa fan to not get excited about incoming signings but as an irishman I can tell ye lads that cork sportsmen are as honest and hardworking as the days long. This lad won't be stealing a living, guarantee it. Welcome Connor.

Your post was going so well too!

https://media.tenor.co/images/1af7dd1585abc46948a9eca51c33cfd4/raw

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Genuinely forgot he was gay. Mainly because it doesn't matter.

I'm all out of likes
I'm so lost without them
I thought you were right, but I can't click like now.
I'm all out of likes
What am I without them?
It can't be too late to add that it was so wrooong.

Copyright Air Supply probably

• Like 1

Best signing of the window.

In a parallel universe, Westwood is this guy and villa fans are cheering signing Westwood to replace the crab Hourihane.

But not this universe.

Welcome Conor! Please put the ball in that rectangle-thing I hope you'll spend most of the game facing.

Â