Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

I swear he didn't used to be this slow? Torturous stuff watch him chase people. He's always been an avoider of any responsibility and physicality.

Speak to Barnsley fans about him and honestly it's like a different player. They talk about him getting the ball off the defence and driving forward, it's absolutely unrecognisable.

11 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Will he do his usual and disappear or will he come out fighting?? Hope it's the latter!

I'm hoping he plays a bit more advanced than usual, he is the best finisher at the club and we will probably only get scraps round the box.

We mostly all know that Conor is limited to those wonderful left foot free kicks, the pity is that the manager chooses to put him back in against the most technically gifted and mobile midfield in the league. As soon as I see the team sheet I knew we were ****. Why would a manager do that? Maybe he’s trying to force the powers above that signings are vital this window?

• Like 1

On 04/01/2020 at 22:22, Tomaszk said:

I swear he didn't used to be this slow? Torturous stuff watch him chase people. He's always been an avoider of any responsibility and physicality.

Speak to Barnsley fans about him and honestly it's like a different player. They talk about him getting the ball off the defence and driving forward, it's absolutely unrecognisable.

In league one yes, in the championship occasionally, at this level, no **** chance, not a premier league player.

You look at the energy that Citeeehhh put in to win the ball back on the rare occasions that we did get the ball, how many times they fouled Jack in our half, and contrast that with the effort CH and DL put in.........pathetic.

The reason why we have had more shots against us is because the midfield is too lazy.

8 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

We mostly all know that Conor is limited to those wonderful left foot free kicks, the pity is that the manager chooses to put him back in against the most technically gifted and mobile midfield in the league. As soon as I see the team sheet I knew we were ****. Why would a manager do that? Maybe he’s trying to force the powers above that signings are vital this window?

The thinking was presumably that our only real chance to score was for Grealish to win a free kick and Hourihane to pop it in.

Dont get me wrong he was awful but I can understand why it might have been the strategy.

Â