Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Conor obviously has his uses with goals and assists and can still influence a six pointer or two but he isn't half useless in games when opposition midfield actually press.

It was same in championship when you look at his performance in semi final v Boro and then against Fulham. Trouble is at this level the vast majority of teams can do it with ease.

Ultimately like majority of our squad he's a squad player who's started more games than he should've this season.

There was one bit second half, jack ran across the pitch with the ball taking 3 defenders with himself he passed to Conor in space, hoping he’d knock the ball inside to someone in space. Conor decided to literally pass the 1 yards back to Jack still surrounded by 3 defenders. Summed him up, not willing to try anything.

Again, I dont know what people expect someone like Conor Hourihane to do against that frightening Man City team. At 23 years old he was playing for Plymouth, at 25 he was playing for Barnsley, and he hardly ever gets into a truly awful ROI team. Its Villa who are starting him in the Premier League against the best players in Europe. 

Just now, turvontour said:

Again, I dont know what people expect someone like Conor Hourihane to do against that frightening Man City team. At 23 years old he was playing for Plymouth, at 25 he was playing for Barnsley, and he hardly ever gets into a truly awful ROI team. Its Villa who are starting him in the Premier League against the best players in Europe. 

We want him to try.

• Like 2

Tough to judge any player in a very poor team performance like today but I’ve seen enough previously that he isn’t good enough to play at this level. I was very surprised to see him selected. The last thing we needed today was a passive midfielder. Poor selection.

21 minutes ago, Elton said:

Tough to judge any player in a very poor team performance like today but I’ve seen enough previously that he isn’t good enough to play at this level. I was very surprised to see him selected. The last thing we needed today was a passive midfielder. Poor selection.

Agreed. We were never going to better them in terms of quality, effort and strength was our only hope. Conor has none..

21 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Oh right, I get the impression that he is trying and that he doesn't have the attributes to compete with elite footballers.

Either way he shouldn't be starting.

You don’t have to be the fastest or strongest person to get about the pitch, show for the ball and stick a foot in.

54 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

There was one bit second half, jack ran across the pitch with the ball taking 3 defenders with himself he passed to Conor in space, hoping he’d knock the ball inside to someone in space. Conor decided to literally pass the 1 yards back to Jack still surrounded by 3 defenders. Summed him up, not willing to try anything.

He always does that. Always, always, always. Drives me up the wall. Coward.

Then in 12 months when he's playing terribly but scoring two at Wycombe, people will point to his good passes complete % saying he doesn't give it away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Crunch someone, try and get on the ball, engage the player who has the ball, not run out then stand 10 yarda off him. Everytime. Do something, do anything other than jog side to side to side to side to side.

• Like 1

It was a typical Hourihane performance, but who would have expected anything else? It was madness to play him in that game. He is a very limited player, good for free kicks and goals and nothing else. I'm angry with Smith for starting him rather than Hourihane for turning in a typical performance.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Crunch someone, try and get on the ball, engage the player who has the ball, not run out then stand 10 yarda off him. Everytime. Do something, do anything other than jog side to side to side to side to side.

Its really gone on for too long.

Wow i dont understand all the hate. Conor always gives his best. Unfortunately he just isn’t good enough. Last year Whelan was chosen before him for the first playoff semi. Says everything.

But Conor always does his best. 

Edited by Danishlad

Â