Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

He spent his whole time on the pitch trying to hide and not be on the ball.

There was a funny moment first half when he got stuck on it and it was an exciting moment for me as he was going make a pass forward.

Straight into two Watford players, right at them. Either could have got it. It was so bad I laughed like a nutcase.

What the hell he was doing starting this after watching Watford's last two I do not know. Why do I know he's going to hide and get steamrollered but the manager doesn't?

Edited by Tomaszk

He will never be a player that can dominate in the middle of the park. Great left foot in advanced areas but not really any other PL level attributes.

I don’t think Connor, Nakamba, Lansbury, Jota are necessarily poor players individually as such but put them all in the same 11 then they and we will struggle against anyone half decent without Jack, McGinn etc creating space for them.

• Like 2

I think he's at a bit of a career crossroads to be honest. He has clearly demonstrated that he can be a very good midfielder for a strong Championship side. His numbers last season were great, and at that level, with good players for that level around him, he's a huge asset.

But he hasn't really shown he's Premier League level yet, and his performances seem to be sliding rather than improving.

He's had a tough route to the top, in which he's had to prove himself several times at different levels and he's always managed it previously, but he's not achieving it right now. If he doesn't get past this hurdle, he'll join the likes of Cameron Jerome, Dwight Gayle, David Nugent etc as good Championship players who can't make the step up.

• Like 1

It’s totally ok for him to be a strong goalscoring option off the bench. Solskjaer made a career of it... OK completely different but my point is we can value his contribution off the bench without worrying about why he isn’t as good when he starts...

Â