Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Que?

What I mean is I would put Trezeguet in Connors place.

Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't Connor on the left side of the front 3?

Nakambas, Jack, and John were the midfield 3.

Trezeguet can do more damage up there than Luiz or Connor imo.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What I mean is I would put Trezeguet in Connors place.

Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't Connor on the left side of the front 3?

Nakambas, Jack, and John were the midfield 3.

Trezeguet can do more damage up there than Luiz or Connor imo.

Nah...Grealish was LW.

posted this in the Targett thread, but i think its relevant here too......

"funny really, Hourihane stole a possible assist and goal from Targett :P

Assist:   Targett crosses low from the left....Hourihane intercepts the cross then re-crosses for Welsey to score.

Goal:      Targett presses high and tackles a Norwich player on the edge of their box, takes the ball, lines up a shot.....Hourihane nips in, takes the ball off Targett and curls one in.....!

I am semi joking before ppl lose their mind....but also im 25% not, both of Conors goal/assist, were directly from work by Targett.

Seeing Targett down that left side is a joy."

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

When you're struggling to get going in the league it helps to play the percentages and play someone like Conor who can score from anywhere and take excellent set pieces, even if he is fairly anonymous in some games.  I'm glad Dean has added him and moved Jack further up.  

• Like 1

On 28/09/2019 at 20:24, Tomaszk said:

100% drop him for Norwich where it'll be tough.

He's a passenger.

Useful often playing bad teams where he'll have no adversity whatsoever, nothing more.

A goal, assist and penalty say hi👋🏻😜

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Haha 1

On 26/09/2019 at 00:19, skarroki said:

I don't think Grealish has done enough so far this season to make him un-droppable. I think he should be moved out wide left to accomodate Hourihane, go with a 3 of him, McGinn and Nakamba and that should be good enough against Burnley. Jack has been most effective skipping past players from wider positions and putting in late crosses, he's too hesitant outside the box which is where Hourihane is arguably most dangerous.

I'm still baffled by the rhetoric on this forum about Hourihane offering nothing but energy, goals and creating chances, plus good dead ball delivery?? What else are you wanting from a midfielder?

Pretty much my thoughts still. Side note, glad Grealish was moved further forward as I think he's really upped his game now. Plays better with Hourihane in the side. 

Â