Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Came on and got into a good scoring position, struck the ball very well and had it not hit the arm of a defender, could well have got us a point.

As it turned out, it did hit the arm of a defender and it should have been a penalty - VAR really does hate us, doesn't it? :lol:  

Either way, he's a threat.  And I don't know how to get him in the team, but I know I really want to see him in it. 

• Like 2

On 23/09/2019 at 10:46, lapal_fan said:

Came on and got into a good scoring position, struck the ball very well and had it not hit the arm of a defender, could well have got us a point.

As it turned out, it did hit the arm of a defender and it should have been a penalty - VAR really does hate us, doesn't it? :lol:  

Either way, he's a threat.  And I don't know how to get him in the team, but I know I really want to see him in it. 

Drop El Ghazi, move Jack over to the left and put Conor in CM.  That would concern the opposition's defence far more than having El Ghazi on the left, plus we now have a player who can score from freekicks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Drop El Ghazi, move Jack over to the left and put Conor in CM.  That would concern the opposition's defence far more than having El Ghazi on the left, plus we now have a player who can score from freekicks.

Jack won't allow that

52 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He ain't always my cup of tea but he has legs and he has goals. He should be coming onto the pitch on 65 minutes most weeks, winning or losing.

Treated very unfairly and this kind of thing will only spread disenchantment amongst the squad I imagine.

Wouldn't call it unfair at all. Marvelous and Luiz are better DMs than him plain and simple. And he's never going to dislodge Jack or John. So the only way he's getting into the team is if one or more of them get injured.

• Like 2

Would like to see him in a left side midfield role. We've played loads of times with only 1 true winger over the years so just trez will do for now.

Fred and targett attacking down flanks

Mings and engels in the middle

Connor marvellous mcginn tres

Jack

Wes

Leaving Doug jota el g davis hause Elmo steer as subs 

• Like 1

Like I mentioned in the match thread, he deserves a league chance but I don't know where he fits.

Won't get in at DM ahead of Nakamba or probably Luiz, wasted a bit in that role as well.

Doesn't get ahead of Grealish or McGinn in either CM spot either, I think it's quite clear as well that Grealish won't be used out wide any time soon to accommodate Hourihane and then I don't see Conor being any use out wide. It's a tough one.

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Would love to go back 9-12 months and see how opinions differed 😂

My opinion is the same. Some league cup goals don't change anything.

Not good enough unless we're on top. Disappears when it's tough, necessity when you're on top.

If he starts turning it on when we've got our backs to the wall and contributing outside of pure goals and assists (which are lovely obviously) I'll probably change my opinion.

He should probably start on Saturday. Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Like I mentioned in the match thread, he deserves a league chance but I don't know where he fits.

Won't get in at DM ahead of Nakamba or probably Luiz, wasted a bit in that role as well.

Doesn't get ahead of Grealish or McGinn in either CM spot either, I think it's quite clear as well that Grealish won't be used out wide any time soon to accommodate Hourihane and then I don't see Conor being any use out wide. It's a tough one.

I think hourihane fits in as the super sub and should be used as such. He has got the ability to curl one in against a tired defence especially if we get free kicks. He has just enough pace and attitude to stick it to players when they are tired and he is fresh. And he is very good at keeping the ball and picking out the final ball as well. I think bringing him on at 60 or 70 minutes would be great and would certainly pressurise any team we play against except the top 4.

Â