Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

I don't think Grealish has done enough so far this season to make him un-droppable. I think he should be moved out wide left to accomodate Hourihane, go with a 3 of him, McGinn and Nakamba and that should be good enough against Burnley. Jack has been most effective skipping past players from wider positions and putting in late crosses, he's too hesitant outside the box which is where Hourihane is arguably most dangerous.

I'm still baffled by the rhetoric on this forum about Hourihane offering nothing but energy, goals and creating chances, plus good dead ball delivery?? What else are you wanting from a midfielder?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, skarroki said:

I don't think Grealish has done enough so far this season to make him un-droppable. I think he should be moved out wide left to accomodate Hourihane, go with a 3 of him, McGinn and Nakamba and that should be good enough against Burnley. Jack has been most effective skipping past players from wider positions and putting in late crosses, he's too hesitant outside the box which is where Hourihane is arguably most dangerous.

I'm still baffled by the rhetoric on this forum about Hourihane offering nothing but energy, goals and creating chances, plus good dead ball delivery?? What else are you wanting from a midfielder?

An all left footed central midfield. Also Grealish has done plenty. 2 assists even if one was for luozs wonder goal. Assist disallowed. Created 14 chances and has blocked shots. Averaging 85% pass accuracy etc

Hourihane defo has to come on as a sub earlier but Grealish shouldn't move because el ghazi and trez both look quite dangerous and nakamba is too good defensively to slot hourihane over him

• Like 1

Or to put another way: an assist if the person on the other end put it in the net. It’s to measure creation of scoring chances.

Feel bad for both Hourihane and Lansbury to have been robbed of late goals in our last two PL games when trying to break into the midfield. I am sure Hourihane will get plenty of PL games this year though. I’d like to see him in v Burnley but I’m the same as everyone else in trying to see what shuffle allows that.

• Thanks 1

I haven't always been CH's biggest fan, but I will humbly apologise right now.

Latter parts of last season and what we've seen of him this season I reckon we need to use him in some capacity against Burnley! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Would like to see him in a left side midfield role. We've played loads of times with only 1 true winger over the years so just trez will do for now.

Fred and targett attacking down flanks

Mings and engels in the middle

Connor marvellous mcginn tres

Jack

Wes

Leaving Doug jota el g davis hause Elmo steer as subs 

I like Conor, he has not always had it easy in his career but he has battled his way back from disappointments and I like that in a player as it shows character. He may not be the fastest or strongest, but his delivery from both set plays or open play , combined with his goal scoring threat makes him a valuable asset in my opinion.

I would not be against the line up that brummybloke suggests in his post above, with El Ghazi as a potential replacement later in the game.

• Like 1

Has, HAS to be used as an impact sub a LOT better than what DS is currently using him for.

Needs to come on around 60 minutes every game for whoever is gassed, and continue the energy we are providing for 60 minutes in all our games so far this season.

I am really baffled by DS’ use of our bench so far this season. I hate to say it, it’s been very Bruce-like, possibly worse this season in that regard.

Sincerely hoping he has learnt from these errors in our first 6 games 🤞 

If you're a betting man and didn't put some money on Conor scoring yesterday, you dropped the ball.

I like him a lot, but I don't really see a starting berth for him at the moment. Unless one of the 3 get injured, he's not getting in there. Nakamba has been great at DM so even Luiz will have trouble getting the spot back. The way Jack and John are playing, Conor could score a hattrick every game and he wouldn't get in there. Feel for him there.

23 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

How about trying no Jota, El Ghazi or Trezeguet.

This would be suicide.

you need players who can dribble so at least one out of Gazi and Trez should be on the pitch at all moments.

Jota isn't a dribbler. more of a give and go person.

• Like 1

Â