Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

17 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I wouldn't mind seeing him come on as a sub, but he just isn't as good as McGinn, Jack or Marvelous. 

It's great with his goals and all, but I don't think scoring in cup games against sub par opposition leads to him doing this in the PL. 

This is how I feel. I don’t quite think he’s worthy of a start, but he’s a good choice if we’re chasing a goal in the last half hour of a match.

On 25/09/2019 at 22:41, brummybloke said:

Would like to see him in a left side midfield role. We've played loads of times with only 1 true winger over the years so just trez will do for now.

Fred and targett attacking down flanks

Mings and engels in the middle

Connor marvellous mcginn tres

Jack

Wes

Leaving Doug jota el g davis hause Elmo steer as subs 

Looks close to our team today, be interesting to see how it goes

We need a Grealish for CM and Grealish for LW.

100% what you'd except. Looked good first half, part of a great team performance. Shrivelled away into nothing and hid away when it got difficult. Was saved a couple of times by McGinn from launching Burnley counters by being scared he was going to be clattered so flicked ball off to no one.

• Like 1

And this is the problem with Conor; comes on as a sub does well, starts in a Cup game does well, deservedly earns a start in the league, plays well when the team do but as soon as we are not the ascendency he is anonymous. Didn’t even deliver good corners (no one did).

• Like 3

That was a typical Hourihane performance. If he doesn't get goal or assist it's hard to find his imprint on the game.  I would rather play Douglas so Grealish doesn't have to drop deep all the time to start the attack. Connor has alot of great traits but if everyone in the midfield is healthy I think he makes the 18 but not the 11. 

28 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

DS was 100% right to give him a chance as he's been knocking on the door decent first half but absent second half, was surprised DS didn't take him off at around the 70 min mark and bring on DL. Needs to be on the bench for me.

For the old uns......He has similar traits to Andy Blair

not good enough to play every week ,but too good to leave out.........what a conundrum.

I think watching these games in this league we are starting to realise we need more rounded players.....not necessarily better at one thing than what we have, but more attributes per player.....I guess that's the art of developing.

Edited by TRO

21 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

And this is the problem with Conor; comes on as a sub does well, starts in a Cup game does well, deservedly earns a start in the league, plays well when the team do but as soon as we are not the ascendency he is anonymous. Didn’t even deliver good corners (no one did).

Oh my Lord

I'm shocked

I swear no one has said this 5 bazillion times.

Truly shocked I say.

.....NOT.

(Not having a go at you mate, you are entirely right, just getting across in general that it's what he has always done and im amazed Deano would pick him over say....Luiz, in that central 3 if Grealish is played in the semi inside forward role)

Edited by MaVilla

Â