Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He must score and assist in double figures each year from set pieces alone. Crazy.

Set pieces are also universal, can play premier league or sunday league. A good delivery will cause trouble regardless

I said it when he was out if form that we should squeeze him into the team anywhere possible

• Like 1

Conor was good in both games for Ireland in the last week. MOTM against the mighty Gibraltar and scored the winning goal against Georgia. 

I hope he will continue his good form for the rest of the season. 

I think he's a good rotation option in this league, but a million miles from what we need for automatic promotion. 

He scores goals and assists, by having a wicked left peg, but be is like Darrent Bent in the sense that when he doesn't he contributes very little. Don't rate him much personally. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think he's a good rotation option in this league, but a million miles from what we need for automatic promotion. 

He scores goals and assists, by having a wicked left peg, but be is like Darrent Bent in the sense that when he doesn't he contributes very little. Don't rate him much personally. 

I do.  He's got the right attitude too which is a massive plus for me.  In my opinion he was very unlucky not to start again Blackburn.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

I do.  He's got the right attitude too which is a massive plus for me.  In my opinion he was very unlucky not to start again Blackburn.

Playing 180 minutes in the previous week may have been a deciding factor to rest him. 

We have good options at the moment with Whelan coming in to some form. it’s great to see. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

It is great.

I think it's also important for everyone to accept they won't play every game, as it'll keep them fitter for longer, and prolong their careers. 

Everything is going swimmingly, so let's hope it continues :)  

• Like 2

Smith has the Southgate approach when picking his team.  No first name on the team sheet nonsense. 

If you miss a game and your replacement plays well, it's up to you to fight your way back in.

32 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Smith has the Southgate approach when picking his team.  No first name on the team sheet nonsense. 

If you miss a game and your replacement plays well, it's up to you to fight your way back in.

Unlucky for him though. It's not like Hourihane played badly and lost his place. Hourihane wasn't in the squad for one game because he's wife were giving birth and Whelan played well in Hourihane's absence. 

Imagine losing your place in the team because you attended your wife's birth, that's harsh

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

He doesn't deserve to be in the team at the moment, it's as simple as that. Whelan is the more effective player and he is nowhere near  the level of Mcginn and Grealish.

I don't care about his assists and passing accuracy stats, I remember him being atrocious during our 14 game poor spell without Grealish. I don't have any sympathy. He needs to work hard to get his place back and probably wouldnt if Glenniesta's legs werent 35yrs old.
He's a middle of the road championship player and I'm not surprised we've played some of our best stuff without him in the side. 

I've just re-read all of the above, it sounds like I really hate him - I don't - I just think we could do better. Decent squad player for us. 

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Unless you're Jack Grealish and you come back from 3 months injured, get named skip, and lead the boys to 5 wins on the bounce.

Although I suppose no one really played well when Jack was out!

Agree with your point but I think on occasion it could cost us in the case of Grealish and McGinn. They simply must play if fit, they're a cut above anything else at the club.

23 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Unlucky for him though. It's not like Hourihane played badly and lost his place. Hourihane wasn't in the squad for one game because he's wife were giving birth and Whelan played well in Hourihane's absence. 

Imagine losing your place in the team because you attended your wife's birth, that's harsh

winning games so need to find another angle to criticise Smith ;)

• Like 1

Â