Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

I'm one of his biggest critics so it's only fair I praise him, was very good yesterday. It wasn't his goals that I'm most pleased about, it was actually the fact he was getting stuck in and not just letting the game go past him. 

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

I'm one of his biggest critics so it's only fair I praise him, was very good yesterday. It wasn't his goals that I'm most pleased about, it was actually the fact he was getting stuck in and not just letting the game go past him. 

What I am most impressed with, is when a player who is playing below par.....goes on the training ground and WORKS his way back to form....That's a fighter and the sort we want.

I have not time for sulkers and prima donna's.

Fair play to conor, acted like a man  and come out fighting.

However, I think booing a player off, who is off the pace , its not what Villa Fans are traditionally about.....so a Turkey for them and a Dove for Conor. ( from Ed Doolan fame)

• Like 3

Nothing pleases me more in football ,than when a player shakes off poor form and comes back fighting to give a top display.

......well Jacks goal might push that comment close.

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

Had his quarterly good game. I don’t want to detract from what was a great performance but he’s so frustrating. 9 games out of 10 he offers absolutely nothing, can’t pass, can’t command the midfield, can’t move, can’t tackle. Replacing him would be a priority for me. We need to shore up the midfield and he’s a big part of the problem (more do a problem than Whelan I’d say who I don’t think deserves the stick he gets). I don’t really get Hourihane’s role in the team. We have a holding midfielder, we have attacking midfielders and Hourihane’s main job seems to be to occasionally get the ball then lose it and then fluff most free kicks and corners. 

Agreed.

He's played forward plenty of times and does nothing unless it's a nice easy game.

People can't get past him chalking up numbers, it's like they aren't watching the games.

I'm very much still here...

On 20/01/2019 at 07:13, Tomaszk said:

He's not abysmal, ability is at his disposal.

He's just a total coward. Not interested in playing football under pressure and will happily hide away so he's not the person being blamed. Not the man you want in the trenches.

He'll probably be useful when Grealish is back and we're looking good.

Due to his goalscoring he's someone I'd definitely look to sell in the summer as we might be able to get £6/7m from some mugs.

He could go and score 15 next season for someone else and I wouldn't care, because it's clear the sort of player he is, he'll never change. It'd 15 easy goals lost for a much more control of games and probably 25 goals scored by the rest of the team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Ok I get my view is clearly not one most agree with. However I don’t know how anyone could deny that if we are to succeed we need better than Hourihane. This is his level at best. 

If you are saying, he's not a David Platt.....you would be right.

but with the right balance he is a valuable weapon that not many of our players have.

Edited by TRO

18 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Agreed.

He's played forward plenty of times and does nothing unless it's a nice easy game.

People can't get past him chalking up numbers, it's like they aren't watching the games.

I'm very much still here...

It’s exactly this. He chips in with a few assists and goals every now and again but for the most part he’s a seriously weak link in our team. He has to be replaced. 

36 minutes ago, gaffer85 said:

Not too bad for 3 million pound player

Met him for a selfie last season , nice guy but I was struck buy how how slight he is - No wonder he gets outmuscled and knocked off the ball a lot ..if the guy who helped Jack bulk up could do the same with Conor I think he'd be a better player - seen him on his arse one time too many appealing for a free kick whilst the opposition break on us. Wand of a left foot though.

Edited by CosmicVillan
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, CosmicVillan said:

Met him for a selfie last season , nice guy but I was struck buy how how slight he is - No wonder he gets outmuscled and knocked off the ball a lot ..if the guy who helped Jack bulk up could do the same with Conor I think he'd be a better player - seen him on his arse one time too many appealing for a free kick whilst the opposition break on us. Wand of a left foot though.

Ollie Stevenson.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CosmicVillan said:

He also needs Usain Bolt to learn him how to run faster!

• Haha 2

Â