Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

sorry but Alex Ferguson would never have put up with such behavior. He should of told his wife to wait.

was conner going to deliver the baby himself?

What difference does it make him being there? he done his part 9 months ago.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

sorry but Alex Ferguson would never have put up with such behavior. He should of told his wife to wait.

could have been John Terry?😀

• Haha 1

Just now, screwdriver said:

Wow, what a terrible way of thinking you're displaying there. 

By being with his wife, while his children are being born, he is supporting his wife, who will be going through a life-changing experience.  He is going to be present while his kid is being born.. His football career will be over in 7 years, his kids will be around a lot longer than that.  He'll be bonding with his child, who already knows his voice - it'll settle the baby.  

Giving birth is natural, but you have no idea what kind of birth it will be.  At the thinnest slice of the wedge, women die giving birth, or the baby could have problems - he's supporting them both by being there. 

I really hope your comment was in jest. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Wow, what a terrible way of thinking you're displaying there. 

By being with his wife, while his children are being born, he is supporting his wife, who will be going through a life-changing experience.  He is going to be present while his kid is being born.. His football career will be over in 7 years, his kids will be around a lot longer than that.  He'll be bonding with his child, who already knows his voice - it'll settle the baby.  

Giving birth is natural, but you have no idea what kind of birth it will be.  At the thinnest slice of the wedge, women die giving birth, or the baby could have problems - he's supporting them both by being there. 

I really hope your comment was in jest. 

not saying you are wrong, but it is modern thinking......In my day we went down the pub and kept out the way.....some  men are more trouble than their wives giving birth.😁

Edited by TRO

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

not saying you are wrong, but it is modern thinking......In my day we went down the pub and kept out the way.....Most men are more trouble than their wives giving birth.😁

It was an old way of thinking, yes.

Who knew times change? 

That post just came across as insensitive. 

I'm not offending or anything, but it just paints a very poor picture. 

19 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

no im 100% sincere

He gets paid a fortune he should give everything for the jersey.

Well, that's just **** stupid isn't it? 

haha, what difference to anything does how much money Conor makes make? :lol:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

winning games so need to find another angle to criticise Smith ;)

Are you saying im wrong? Or do you find it fair to lose your place in the team for attending your child's birth?

I'm not saying Whelan's been bad but Hourihane does not deserve to lose his place in the team. If Hourihane had a really bad game i could understand it more, but this makes no sense to me, Hourihane been great since Jack's return.

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Are you saying im wrong? Or do you find it fair to lose your place in the team for attending your child's birth?

I'm not saying Whelan's been bad but Hourihane does not deserve to lose his place in the team. If Hourihane had a really bad game i could understand it more, but this makes no sense to me, Hourihane been great since Jack's return.

Yes you are as you moaned before we should keep a winning team and then moaned when we didn't rotate for the Derby. Moaning for the sake of moaning

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes you are as you moaned before we should keep a winning team and then moaned when we didn't rotate for the Derby. Moaning for the sake of moaning

We were still a winning team when Hourihane played...

You still haven't answered my question. What has Hourihane done in the last games he played to justify him losing his place?

56 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Whelan and Hourihane are very different players.

Whether it's Whelan or not, a player who plays his position is much better suited for us.

Conor was unlucky, but it's the right decision to keep Whelan in there while he's playing well.

You say it's bad for Conor to lose his place when he's playing well, but wouldn't it be exactly the same if he now dropped Whelan?

This is what competition is. Good players pushing each other and being ready when they get their chance.

Edited by Stevo985

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We were still a winning team when Hourihane played...

You still haven't answered my question. What has Hourihane done in the last games he played to justify him losing his place?

Well he played twice for Ireland in the last week Whelan started once. Management maybe feel he is tired plus why change a wimning team that destroyed Boro 

It's nice we have competition for places in the squad with more than 1 players doing well..

Not really been blessed with that for most of the last 10 years or so.

Apart from at RB obviously.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

biggest battle in the history of the club? 

Haven't you looked at the accounts?

No promotion this season means Goodbye Jack McGinn Mings Abraham....goodbye parachute sky money. hello lower leagues  hello eternal obscurity.

and Villa will be the new Accrington Stanley.

This is the biggest 2 months in our history. Fact.

2 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Haven't you looked at the accounts?

No promotion this season means Goodbye Jack McGinn Mings Abraham....goodbye parachute sky money. hello lower leagues  hello eternal obscurity.

and Villa will be the new Accrington Stanley.

This is the biggest 2 months in our history. Fact.

It's not a FACT. fact. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Same two posters complaining on this thread about anything. Amazing after 5 wins in a row. 

Connor should 100% have been at the birth of his child. If you'd criticise him for that then you are either a) not a father or b) a complete fool. 

Whelan came in and played well, of course he deserved to keep his place over connor. Again, it seems this sensible decision is used to knock the manager as they can no longer moan about results and performances. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

It's not a FACT. fact. 

It is a fact!

And don't think Hourihane will be showing any loyalty whilst in the bostick league.

He'll be thinking up more excuses to get out of training. He must be the new steve ireland.

At least Ross McCorrmack had a genuine reason. He was imprisioned by his gates. He physically couldn't be there.

Â