Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

And i can't help but notice why you haven't answered the question about what Hourihane has done to deserve being dropped?

I've never said Whelan been bad, but Hourihane played as least as good as him thus did not deserved to get dropped in the first place.

This is the weirdest argument ever.
He wasn't dropped. He wasn't available for selection. Whelan came in and played really well therefore Hourihane can't get back into the team.

Am I missing something? Is it not really, really straightforward?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whelan came in and played really well therefore Hourihane can't get back into the team.

It's not an argument, it's just a question.

What has Hourihane done in the last games he played to justify him being dropped? 

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is the weirdest argument ever.
He wasn't dropped. He wasn't available for selection. Whelan came in and played really well therefore Hourihane can't get back into the team.

Am I missing something? Is it not really, really straightforward?

It's really really straight forward unless you're desperate to twist it into a stick to beat the manager with

• Like 2

We're also overlooking the fact that Whelan is a proper dedicated DM, which is far more beneficial for the team than Hourihane playing in that position who, even when playing well, isn't the kind of player to break up play and win back possession.

So even if both players are playing well, tactically the right decision is to play Whelan or a player of that ilk.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We're also overlooking the fact that Whelan is a proper dedicated DM, which is far more beneficial for the team than Hourihane playing in that position who, even when playing well, isn't the kind of player to break up play and win back possession.

So even if both players are playing well, tactically the right decision is to play Whelan or a player of that ilk.

That kind of sensible opinion might get you shot, Stevo. 

Pretty simple, he missed out Whelan had a good game and retained his place.

I fully expect Whelan to play on Saturday again and break up the play in midfield with Bannan in his back pocket.

Hourihane then comes back in for Whelan on Wednesday against Rotherham where we can play a more attacking game and give Whelan a rest.

It's a fantastic problem to have overall.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There really is no need for a dm in the championship, mate. It's not Aguero we are facing here, it's the likes of Grabban.

We beat Derby away from home 3-0 with Hourihane and 4-0 at home with Whelan so it doesn't look like he makes that much of a difference. We are beating these teams regardless.

Hourihane just means more chances created, take your pick. But i absolutely see no need for a natural dmf when we are dominating games the way we have done lately.

Edited by villalad21

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

And i can't help but notice why you haven't answered the question about what Hourihane has done to deserve being dropped?

Haven't I?

1 hour ago, weedman said:

He wasn't "dropped for going to his child's birth", he was unavailable for selection and his replacement has come in and played brilliantly, making him undroppable as things stand. If his levels drop Conor will be there waiting in the wings to regain his place, it's called competition for places, actually pretty common in professional football believe it or not

Ah it turns out I had, now, why should Whelan be dropped?

5 minutes ago, weedman said:

Ah it turns out I had, now, why should Whelan be dropped?

Because Hourihane offers more goals, assists and general play.

You could say Whelan offers more when we don't have the ball, but i would argue Hourihane  more than compensate for that when we're on the ball

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Because Hourihane offers more goals and assists.

You could say Whelan offers more when we don't have the ball, but i would argue Hourihane  more than compensate for that when we're on the ball

He does yes.
You know what, f*** it, let's play Keinin Davis at left back and Kodjia at centre half.

Imagine the goals and assists people!!

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

It was an old way of thinking, yes.

Who knew times change? 

That post just came across as insensitive. 

I'm not offending or anything, but it just paints a very poor picture. 

Well, that's just **** stupid isn't it? 

haha, what difference to anything does how much money Conor makes make? :lol:

your not offending.....i was just saying how it was, not that it was right.....albeit in some cases it may have its merits, medical staff don't want 2 to have to worry about.

Edited by TRO

37 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

There really is no need for a dm in the championship, mate. It's not Aguero we are facing here, it's the likes of Grabban.

We beat Derby away from home 3-0 with Hourihane and 4-0 at home with Whelan so it doesn't look like he makes that much of a difference. We are beating these teams regardless.

Hourihane just means more chances created, take your pick. But i absolutely see no need for a natural dmf when we are dominating games the way we have done lately.

This is amazing tactical insight :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Because Hourihane offers more goals, assists and general play.

So performances don't matter and the best course of action is to pick your favourites and play them whenever fit regardless of form/opposition/tactics etc.

Martin O'Neill...is that you?

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Really isn't.

Hourihane offers goals, assists and good passing which is equal to what Whelan is offering. We were winning games since Jack's return when Hourihane were playing. Nothing suggests we would suddenly start losing games with him in the team.

Hourihane didnt play the last 2 games which we won

12 minutes ago, weedman said:

So performances don't matter and the best course of action is to pick your favourites and play them whenever fit regardless of form/opposition/tactics etc.

So you're saying Hourihane been playing badly since Jack's return? Interesting

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

That is the same for the whole team then i expect?

So if Jack attends the birth of his child and Bjarnason plays well in his absence. Grealish is now a bench player, yeah?

I’ve heard it all now. Are you seriously comparing Hourihane with Grealish?

Behave yourself.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â