Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

Sort to disappiont you guys. He isn’t good enough. Unless you want to finish bottom half of the Championship. He is slow and lazy if you ask me. That tackle was ridiculous. I havn’t seen anything that tells me he is worth banking on and will drive this club forward. Get shot and find another player of McGinn quality. Now he is a good player!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Sort to disappiont you guys. He isn’t good enough. Unless you want to finish bottom half of the Championship. He is slow and lazy if you ask me. That tackle was ridiculous. I havn’t seen anything that tells me he is worth banking on and will drive this club forward. Get shot and find another player of McGinn quality. Now he is a good player!

We’re getting shot of the rest of the squad that played today then in that case because Lansbury was our most effective player when he came on. I include McGinn in that. 

• Like 1

Thing is, Mcginn is a very good player but you wouldn't want 3 of him in our 3 midfield slots.

He is all action and fairly good on the ball, but he isn't a Grealish in terms of passing and ball retention ability.

Lansbury is a players witg some vision and passing ability IF he can stay fit AND play to his ability.

Granted they are some big IFs, who knows.

While Grealish is out injured i would be seriously tempted to try a midfield trio of Hourihane, Mcginn and lansbury.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Thing is, Mcginn is a very good player but you wouldn't want 3 of him in our 3 midfield slots.

Erm, yes please.

We'd win 80% of our matches in this league.

• Like 1

Great to read that he has impressed again. I'd expect him to challenge the starting XI is DS is willing to sacrifice Whelan when we play a midfield 3.

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Erm, yes please.

We'd win 80% of our matches in this league.

Have to agree with the sentiment here. 3xMcGinn in midfield would have us winning so many contests.

• Like 1

Agreed on HL’s much improved performance; excellent on the ball with a real eye for a pass. Only concern is his mobility. If in a three with JM and CH, he would sit further forward which suits him but that means relying on CH again as our deepest midfielder. I get the quarterback mentality but we also need our deep lyer to have a bit of physicality and CH just doesn’t have that. Even when Smith had Woods at Brentford, although not a physically big player he got stuck in and was excellent in the tackle. 

Thats why I’m sure Smith will bring by in a more physical midfielder who is good on the ball as this will allow JG, JM, HL etc to flourish further forward whilst still ensuring stability at the back. 

Overall, I think Lansbury could play a part under Smith but the conundrum that is Conor H needs addressing. 

Edited by eholm

9 hours ago, Nigel said:

Loved that tackle/wipe out of that player trying to break from our attack!

There's something endearing about players that can wind up the opposition so easily.

We are too nice as s team!

I agree. I loved that.  About time someone in this team barring mcginn showed abit of nastiness in our play. It was never a red but a booking for sure.

Lansbury may well now think he can fit into a Smith team better than Bruce's team so sniffs a chance. He looked majorly pissed off the other week when he had to go off injured - maybe this is why, he really wants to show his worth to Smith. 

If McGinn played the deeper midfield role maybe Lansbury could take his role and form the midfield trio with Jack? 

Â