Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He must be gutted, works his socks off (one would assume) to get into the squad/team and that happens........although someone less sympathetic could point to not having warmed up properly....if it's muscular.......

Don't think it was a pull though was it? Smith said he got a knock. He'll get his chance, Smith said he's trained really well, so if he continues like that he'll get another chance.

Shame for the lad, its been reported he's working his tits off in training as well. 

If the club is in an era of sensible spending, his long standing fitness issues coupled with his high wages make him unsustainable for us. 

3 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

This is going to sound silly, given he only lasted 8 minutes, but I thought he looked pretty good in his little cameo.  Showed a few neat touches.

If the reports that he's been busting a gut in training are true, then I hope it's not a serious injury as he could blossom in this new style of play.

Actually I thought exactly the same, it looked like he got a knock and got injured when he was taking on a Birmingham defender in our right side close to the corner flag.

• Like 1

Like Landsbury as a player. Can pick a pass but won’t be bullied like some flair players. It’s a terrible shame therefore after working his guts off to get back into the team he then picks up a injury.

Definitely a DS type of player so will get another chance to impress.

• Like 3

I thought he looked quite sharp when he came on. Hamstrings can happen to fellas who have had no real injury problems. It's just unfortunate for lansbury when it's coupled with all the others he has had. We did the right thing to haul him off straight away. Might not be long out at all.

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I like the optimism. But the look on his face and the huddle of 4 staff worrying about him as they discussed his substitution I think its more serious. 

I am guessing a few weeks as he trugged off, but considering Jedi is out, Mcginn is struggling and Thor has had surgery he knew this was his chance. Looked to be crying to me, he knows it's not going to happen for him here 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Yes, he is injured. 

“As for Lansbury he got brought down and felt his hamstring,” said the Villa chief after watching his side claim second city bragging rights. He went to recover but couldn’t continue. I’m hopeful that it isn’t too bad and we got him off quickly enough to avoid any further damage. We’ve had a couple of behind-closed-doors friendlies for him and he’s played for the under-23s. He’s looked really good and was playing well when he came on.”

https://claretvillans.com/2018/11/26/henri-lansbury-indefinitely-ruled-aston-villa/

So although that article says indefinitely and confirms the hamstring idea, it doesn't say how much damage was done and how long he'll be out.

44 minutes ago, romavillan said:

“As for Lansbury he got brought down and felt his hamstring,” said the Villa chief after watching his side claim second city bragging rights. He went to recover but couldn’t continue. I’m hopeful that it isn’t too bad and we got him off quickly enough to avoid any further damage. We’ve had a couple of behind-closed-doors friendlies for him and he’s played for the under-23s. He’s looked really good and was playing well when he came on.”

https://claretvillans.com/2018/11/26/henri-lansbury-indefinitely-ruled-aston-villa/

So although that article says indefinitely and confirms the hamstring idea, it doesn't say how much damage was done and how long he'll be out.

I feel for the guy - I was looking forward to seeing a lot more of him.

I'm sure opportunity will knock again under Smith though sooner rather than later ?

• 3 weeks later...

If Grealish is out on Sunday and Smith doesn't want to gamble on O'Hare then Lansbury could be the key to beating Leeds.

I said last season that a midfield of Hourihane and Lansbury could work, now having McGinn in there with his energy could really help this work.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wilko154 said:

If Grealish is out on Sunday and Smith doesn't want to gamble on O'Hare then Lansbury could be the key to beating Leeds.

I said last season that a midfield of Hourihane and Lansbury could work, now having McGinn in there with his energy could really help this work.

He caused them a lot of difficulty when he came on at elland road last season. Lansbury has a good concept of space, uses the ball well and takes up good positions. Just needs a bloody run without injuries. 

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Is he fit? Would definitely put him in the number 8 role on Sunday and drop Hourihane back to holding.

Think Smith said he should be.

Definitely should bring him straight in instead of Whelan.

• Like 1

This layoff for grealish could be just what lansbury needs, guarantee game time in his favoured position. 

You can only hope in times like this that some good comes of it, similar to what happened to Hutton last year.

Â