Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

On 07/01/2019 at 16:57, villa89 said:

Players are always better when they are not in the team. Then they get a chance to start and people soon see why they weren't in the team in the first place. 

Its so bloody true.... its funny.

then they get stuck behind the BMH gates.....where's that WD40?

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I think this is the most disappointing signing we've made over the past few years. I was quite excited by this one and he had a brilliant debut. Since then, I can't think of a single good 60-90 minute performance. 

I did warn people before we signed him, saw plenty of him at Forest and never thought a lot of him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I did warn people before we signed him, saw plenty of him at Forest and never thought a lot of him.

club due diligence strikes again.

hypothetically , if we went through all the "villa fans" ( at heart) playing in the leagues and signed them we would be in better shape.

That seems to me how dim our recruitment strategy has been over the last 10 years or so.

excluding the odd exception.

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

club due diligence strikes again.

hypothetically , if we went through all the "villa fans" ( at heart) playing in the leagues and signed them we would be in better shape.

That seems to me how dim our recruitment strategy has been over the last 10 years or so.

excluding the odd exception.

I have long questioned how much scouting of players we do as a club, certainly post relegation under Di Matteo and Bruce.

• Like 2

On 07/01/2019 at 08:57, villa89 said:

Players are always better when they are not in the team. Then they get a chance to start and people soon see why they weren't in the team in the first place. 

The "Reo-Coker Syndrome".  The longer he sat on the bench, the better he got.  Hell, some were saying we didn't need to replace Barry when he left, because NRC could "do the job" there.  hahaha

• Like 1

I think he’s a very talented footballer, always have done, you don’t play for Arsenal if you are not of a certain standard, he’s a good looking lad too. I think he’s been a bit unfairly treated since he’s been here but he has had a few injuries 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’s a very talented footballer, always have done, you don’t play for Arsenal if you are not of a certain standard, he’s a good looking lad too. I think he’s been a bit unfairly treated since he’s been here but he has had a few injuries 

And Arsenal sell you if you are not of a certain standard too.

He’s been an awful signing, no two ways about it. 

Not sure why you’re commenting on his looks?!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

And Arsenal sell you if you are not of a certain standard too.

He’s been an awful signing, no two ways about it. 

Not sure why you’re commenting on his looks?!

In my opinion, to even play at any level for Arsenal is an achievement. He has been injured a lot of the time he has been here, I thought he was brilliant against Swansea. I think it’s safe to say that you don’t agree with any of my post. He’s one of the best looking lads in the squad but we have quite a good looking team in my opinion 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I have long questioned how much scouting of players we do as a club, certainly post relegation under Di Matteo and Bruce.

I am sure they just looked at player stats as McCormack and Hogan were near top scoring charts and Hourihane and Lansbury were high up on the assist chart. Villa scouting department just used Wikipedia

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am sure they just looked at player stats as McCormack and Hogan were near top scoring charts and Hourihane and Lansbury were high up on the assist chart. Villa scouting department just used Wikipedia

I think the talent is there with those players, Hourihane has been a resounding success, McCormack has barely played for us, I wouldn’t write him off. Lansbury is beginning to show his true form, I still think Scott Hogan can come good too

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think the talent is there with those players, Hourihane has been a resounding success, McCormack has barely played for us, I wouldn’t write him off. Lansbury is beginning to show his true form, I still think Scott Hogan can come good too

Lansbury is beginning to show his true form? Well if that's the case it's a good job he's got a contract for another 2 years, he might actually be showing some form by then.....

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Hourihane, agreed, despite his flaws and his critics you really can't say he hasn't been a success for us, a central midfielder that scores and assists regularly is an asset to any team

McCormack, for many reasons, talented or not, has proven to be a huge failure nearing Micah Richards level, now playing in a terrible Scottish league having played in an even more terrible Australian league last year, I think its safe to call him a failure 

Lansbury beginning to show his true form? Poor last year, injured all this season, returned as a sub before getting injured again after about 5 minutes, back after that injury in a 20 minute cameo and is now injured again. If his true form is looking fairly good for 20 minutes before being injured for a few weeks...then he still hasn't actually proven he's capable of that yet as he's only managed it once. 20 minutes is about the longest he's managed to stay injury free this season isn't it? He has a long way to go before he starts "showing his true form", unless his true form is terrible, in which case he showed that plenty last season

Loads of people seem to think Hogan will come good, until he plays, and he's awful, and he gets dropped again, and then after a couple of weeks someone says "I think Scott Hogan will come good, he just needs service", then he plays, and he's awful, and blah blah blah, but that ever so interesting never ending circular debate is for his thread so I'll stop now 

As this is his thread I'll finish on Lansbury, I think he's actually technically a pretty good player, he can ping the ball around well and would be well suited to the DM role that Smith plays providing he can 1) stay fit for more than 5 minutes and 2) actually put in a few consistent performances, rather than an odd 20 minutes here and there, which evidence so far suggests he can't. Hopefully Smith et all can get this out of him but I have serious doubts about that based on his career to date. I also noticed he seemed really quiet in any video I've seen with him in it and he doesn't seem to have that desire to really impose himself on games. He has to, for lack of a better term, "man up" and show some desire if he's to have anything of a career with us

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He is from the same cursed injury line that also featured Aaron Ramsey & Jack Wiltshire.

For me this player (Lansbury) is finished and I would look to offload him come June.

Fans wanting to keep injured players out of sentimental feeling does our football club no favours.

It's high time we started being a bit ruthless in this regard.

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think a bit of irrelevance has slipped there SGC, if you don't mind he saying ( with a Jim Royle tone)....are you implying the ref's are partial to the odd bit of eye candy?

lets bring back Ginola...."cuz he's worth it"😆

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Â