Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

The stats are massively pointing to this CLOWN being the main reason for our recent bad form 7/8 losses ! Dominating games creating a lot of chances, other teams not creating much but scoring pretty much everytime they do.

He looks like some kid they've plucked from the local council estate.

**** him off straight away, even if that means Bunn.

He is TERRIBLE !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I thought he looked more at fault for the 3rd than the 2nd.

3rd though was largely Kodjia's fault for that lazy clearance.

Having seen it just now on the news I have no idea why he's being blamed for the third.

A shot well struck, went through a few defenders and went right in the corner, I doubt many keepers would've got there.

2nd goal yeah I think he should've got down far quicker and move his feet a bit better, poor technique.

1 hour ago, NottingVilla said:

The stats are massively pointing to this CLOWN being the main reason for our recent bad form 7/8 losses ! Dominating games creating a lot of chances, other teams not creating much but scoring pretty much everytime they do.

in the 7 games before that we werent playing that good and scraping victories, doesnt matter if was Bunn, Guzan or Gollini we were always going to get some beatings if we werent putting teams away

56 minutes ago, Zatman said:

in the 7 games before that we werent playing that good and scraping victories, doesnt matter if was Bunn, Guzan or Gollini we were always going to get some beatings if we werent putting teams away

But we generally weren't getting beatings because Bunn didn't make too many errors, Gollini made saves that Johnstone cant. I just see Johnstone as a combination of their weaknesses without any of their positives really. I think the lack of confidence is affecting the defense now too.

• Like 4

Looking at the highlights, I don't blame him for any, he was unlucky with a good peg, the 2nd he was at full stretch from a shot that doesn't normal end up that far into the corner from a shot at that angle and the 3rd was drilled low into the corner. Non of them are mistakes to me and I honestly don't get the vitriol over them. These are not bread and butter saves in the slightest. 

• Like 2

He dives more slowly than Stallone saving that penalty in escape to  victory. 

The differences being a. That scene was intentionally shot in slow-mo and b. Stallone actually saved the shot. 

The lad isn't good enough and a major factor in the downturn of our results

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

When Bunn came in for Guzan the defence had lost all confidence in Guzan, Bunn, allthough shit, gave them fresh belief.

SJ is shit and breeds zero confidence in the back 4. Bruce mistakingly tried to mask it with a back 5 only for Elphick to get in the way of Chester and Baker and cause more uncertainty.

The only way forward with our defence (without Jedi protecting them) is

a solid defensive back 4 in front of Bunn (or hire Kirkland)

No SJ

No Hutton

No Amavi

Bunn (Kirkland)

Bree Chester Baker Taylor

Gardner (yes I know)

Lansbury Hourihane

Adomah     Hogan    Kodjia

Defenders defend

Gardner Holds

Adomah tracks back

Kodjia starts from Left

Lots of resposibility for Lansbury & Hourihane to work the MF but NOT sitting back as 3DM's (like Lambert did) Further forward they can supply Hogan. Kodjia is Kodjia

But Bruce has lost it, lost the players and lost his balls

3 CB's a la Bruce just means 1 more at the back to hoof it to 1 less up front

HL & CL lying too deep a la Bruce means Hourihane becomes ineffective & Lansbury's passes are to 2 players isolated or too deep to have any effect

Bruce Out

Â