Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

On 2/16/2017 at 07:26, Fowlersrs said:

Gollini would have saved goals 2 & 3, this guy isn't anywhere near the standard we need.

With the significant number of mistakes Gollini made in his short time here, you just cannot say definitively what he would and would not save. Either way, Johnstone is just awful and should not play for us again. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

7 hours ago, HAL said:

Needs dropping if he isnt dropped then there is a clause in hes contract saying we must play him . Since so far he has been woeful and I can see no other reason why else he wouldnt be dropped

What kind of bonehead would agree to that sort of contract? Almost certainly not the case that we have to play him. More of a case of Bruce feeling that he has to stick with his boy since he shipped out the number 1 he inherited. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

What kind of bonehead would agree to that sort of contract? Almost certainly not the case that we have to play him. More of a case of Bruce feeling that he has to stick with his boy since he shipped out the number 1 he inherited. 

I agree, what sort of bonehead would agree to that? Wait a minute........

17 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

These clauses can exist as the bigger clubs want to loan out their players for first team experience and not to sit  on the bench - wouldn't be that surprised if united allowed him here on the condition he was going to be first choice .

On 2/19/2017 at 18:17, Dr_Pangloss said:

When Pique was loaned to Zaragoza from United, there was a clause that he had to play in at least 20 games, it's not unheard of.

Saw him make some saves tonight, so he definitely improved. His distribution was very poor at times though. In the second half, he caught a Mitrovic header, charged to the edge of the box and threw it to nobody in their half. Not sure if Hogan/Kodjia stopped their run or what he was thinking. 

Can't blame him tonight. First goal shocking defending yet again. How the **** does our defenders allow so much space for those Newcastle players? We can't they hoof the ball into space instead of these pussy clearances. My nephew can clear the ball better than jedinaks clearance.

The second was lansburys fault but he was our best cm despite the abuse. Not Johnstones fault

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

Saw him make some saves tonight, so he definitely improved. His distribution was very poor at times though. In the second half, he caught a Mitrovic header, charged to the edge of the box and threw it to nobody in their half. Not sure if Hogan/Kodjia stopped their run or what he was thinking. 

Yeah that throw was bizarre, but I think as you said Hogan stopped his run.

My biggest gripe was his punching.

There was a cross last night that was right under his crossbar, right above him, easy catch and he still punched it

Â