Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

Surprised there's nothing in here since yesterday's game. Thought it was by far his worst performance. Kicking was shocking, pub level, stuff. How can a professional keeper not hit a player. He only seems interested in punching the ball, twice completely missing it at a corner. 

I thought relegation was impossible. But against better sides we'll be punished with his errors. Still got to play a lot of top sides too, so just can't see us picking up the points. 

He was really crap though. Took forever over everything and mostly over hit it or under hit it.

The one time I remember him not taking an age was when he decided to kick it out of his hands quickly, towards the right hand side. Only for no player to be within about 20 yards of the ball when it landed. Just comical stuff really.

On 2/9/2017 at 04:26, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Kalinic is doing very well at Gent.

Bloody Immigration! 

:rant:

Would fit right in with us with this move!

You are right though.. hes been impressive for him and their fans were singing his name after it.. was just a bad mistake. Big mofo in goal though. Doesnt appear to come out for crosses but hes massive. 

I don't get why people think goalkeepers don't make mistakes.  It baffles me, yet we seem to think "an experienced keeper" solves the problems.

Goalkeepers at every level of the game make mistakes, it happens.  As fans, we should be getting behind them but, instead, we tend to ridicule them.  **** genius attitude right there.

• Like 1

Whilst I understand that every keeper makes mistakes, an experienced keeper adds that extra piece of mind to the defence in front of them.

i feel our defence have already began to not trust Johnstone and are playing with one eye on what he's doing and not concentrating on their own role. 

• Like 2

For me he's made a few howlers and doesn't really seem to save anything. Look at the Ipswich keeper, he made everything look so routine. Kodjia hammered the ball as hard as he could across the box, he just come out and caught in. Kodjia again, with the last kick, hammered it at him, just caught it in his chest. Defenders are going to be far more comfortable and confident when they don't have to worry about what the keeper is doing every time the ball comes in to the box..

• Like 3

according to Squawka stats, in his 5 league performances he has made an average of 1.40 saves per match. Weird as I only remember him making one save.

He has conceded on average 1.80 goals per match. Meaning that his average save per goal conceded is 0.78... I've never seen a stat like that one before. It's a joke

Â