Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just read that Everton and West Ham are now after Kalinic, the keeper Garde tried to sign and permit rejected.

Club should raise absolute hell if a move goes through.

He looked pretty dodgy with crosses in the two Spurs games...think he'd struggle in English football atm.

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just read that Everton and West Ham are now after Kalinic, the keeper Garde tried to sign and permit rejected.

Club should raise absolute hell if a move goes through.

Saw him playing in the Spurs games and he looks a good keeper.

Real shame we weren't able to push that one through.

46 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Was better on Saturday. But you can tell his confidence is through the floor and that his defenders have very little faith in him. 

A poor signing, misjudged. 

Yup, the whole back four seem to shit themselves every time the ball goes between them and the keeper. They have no idea if he's going to come for it or not. He doesn't command his area well at all. I'd genuinely rather we had Guzan.  

48 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Was better on Saturday. But you can tell his confidence is through the floor and that his defenders have very little faith in him. 

A poor signing, misjudged. 

This is the key for me - defence looks shaky at times as a result of lack of confidence in their keeper . 

We will be a far better team with a decent experienced keeper .

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yup, the whole back four seem to shit themselves every time the ball goes between them and the keeper. They have no idea if he's going to come for it or not. He doesn't command his area well at all. I'd genuinely rather we had Guzan.  

He's bad but not as bad as Guzan :;

Was furious when he got fouled by Bent on Saturday. 

He got away with it because it was a foul, but he went up so cautiously and tried to punch it even though it was dropping right on top of him.

Any keeper worth his salt would have gone up and claimed that. And if bent had the audacity to challenge him then he's get bounced off.

So weak.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Was furious when he got fouled by Bent on Saturday. 

He got away with it because it was a foul, but he went up so cautiously and tried to punch it even though it was dropping right on top of him.

Any keeper worth his salt would have gone up and claimed that. And if bent had the audacity to challenge him then he's get bounced off.

So weak.

Too much flapping - I like a keeper to come and catch the ball and it that means clearing all before him so be it - keepers who flap and punch don't inspire confidence.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is scared to come off his line. Thats the biggest problem. Its his first clean sheet so hopefully gives him some confidence. 

Surprise United are so keen to keep him - don't see what the attraction is .

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So weak.

Which is strange as he's a big, imposing looking lad. I say big, I mean he's built like a tall heavyweight. 

I think it's confidence, because he was imposing against Spurs way back when. Made a mistake in his next game, has completely lost the plot since. Which goes against everything we heard about him beforehand. 

P.S. You were right Ben, he IS worse than Bunn. At least right now. Which is astonishing. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Â