The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

Not impossible but highly unlikely, we'd need to make four or five big signings this window and it doesn't look like we will do that. A call needs to be made on Bruce in the summer, I'm fairly sure he took this job with the expectation that we make the play offs so it's likely he won't be hitting his key target.

11 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

What call? Bruce's future shouldn't even be up for discussion unless we really hit rock bottom.

If memory serves correctly he talked about the expectations placed on him when he first joined, which presumably means playoffs. If we don't make the playoffs I believe his future will probably be reviewed, if we're no where near close to the playoffs in terms of final finish then he will be gone IMO.

13 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If memory serves correctly he talked about the expectations placed on him when he first joined, which presumably means playoffs. If we don't make the playoffs I believe his future will probably be reviewed, if we're no where near close to the playoffs in terms of final finish then he will be gone IMO.

From how xia talked he expects promotion next season at worse but hoped for it this season - I think Bruce will get at least till next xmas unless things go very very badly .

give him 2 windows to build his team with his type of players - it probably won't be pretty to watch but hopefully will get results .

Rudy could have made a impact sub yesterday if we still had him. The  club lied to us. They knew players were going ACN and said they were prepared for it when in fact they made us even more more unprepared by selling  striker and not replacing him.

Back to the Lerner days do they never learn? Fatal error this cost us a play off spot

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rudy could have made a impact sub yesterday if we still had him. The  club lied to us. They knew players were going ACN and said they were prepared for it when in fact they made us even more more unprepared by selling  striker and not replacing him.

Back to the Lerner days do they never learn? Fatal error this cost us a play off spot

No problem selling rudy at the end of the month but surely he'd have provided more than gabby , if we had to sell to boro we should have lined up a replacement even if only on loan .

relying on 2 out of form strikers was a recipe for disaster.

Just now, Eastie said:

No problem selling rudy at the end of the month but surely he'd have provided more than gabby , if we had to sell to boro we should have lined up a replacement even if only on loan .

relying on 2 out of form strikers was a recipe for disaster.

Complete agree mate. Veryou poor decision from the club considering they knew ayew and kodjia were going to ACN.

Steve round and wyness has a lot to answer for. That's the biggest mistake they made and it's cost us. We all saw signs against bloody Cardiff yet two games later they have done nothing to address it.

Let's look at stats last three games

Scored zero 

Conceded four

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is this a different Gestede from the one I used to read about every day on here? Because the one I used to read about was an ent with deep-lying roots, that couldn't score unless you put it on his head, that had so little skill he couldn't trap a slow-moving ball. 

Classic case of players that aren't playing seeming better than they are, then they play and are rubbish and everyone slates them. 

• Like 1

Gestede would have given us another option to our game - not a great option albeit but at least a target when chasing the game - he has had an impact when coming on in the past and would have been better than nothing - we should have got striker cover before selling him as we knew we were losing kodjia and ayew.

23 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Classic case of players that aren't playing seeming better than they are, then they play and are rubbish and everyone slates them. 

To be honest, myself and a few others weren't averse to keeping him as thought he was quite useful but wasted!

On 15/01/2017 at 12:13, HanoiVillan said:

Is this a different Gestede from the one I used to read about every day on here? Because the one I used to read about was an ent with deep-lying roots, that couldn't score unless you put it on his head, that had so little skill he couldn't trap a slow-moving ball. 

The same gestede that we were hoofing the ball to vs wolves, only problem was bruce must have forgot we sold him to boro last week