The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

14 hours ago, Rodders said:

ipswich and barnsley at home... :( ( I know ifs and buts, but bloody hell those two games at that time, what a killer )

Proper wounder, those two games. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Proper wounder, those two games. 

If we'd have gone at just a point a game through the horror run with Bruce, what was it 2 points from possible 24? or 27? Even if it was the poor return of 8 points from 8 games we'd be only 4 points off 6th now. Which is unbelievable seeing how shit we have been for nearly the whole season.

Like Bruce said, the shoots of recovery are there and he knows how to get out of this league, unfortunately sorting the mess we were in was going to take at the minimum at least 1 season, we all hoped we would still go up, and we may possibly still do, very happy to have Bruce leading the charge and the change.

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

In any case Fulham have gone to Newcastle and won comfortably so doubt they'll be having sleepless night about going to either of those two venues.

After that they couldn't beat Blackburn and got battered by Wolves.. they are 6th for a reason, lets not pretend they are something amazing. All I'm saying is that Derby and Norwich will be difficult away fixtures for them. Both are good at home. Don't give up hope just yet!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

After that they couldn't beat Blackburn and got battered by Wolves.. they are 6th for a reason, lets not pretend they are something amazing. All I'm saying is that Derby and Norwich will be difficult away fixtures for them. Both are good at home. Don't give up hope just yet!

Yes!! This is the spirit! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

How many relegated teams bounce straight back? We had to have a complete clear out with loads of new players coming in so that was always going to be hard. Imo there was just too much going against us.

I don't know. I thought you had statistics.

But statistics only mean so much. With a new owner, with ambition and money, and new, seemingly impressive, management and back room staff, my feeling was we would go up.

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I don't know. I thought you had statistics.

But statistics only mean so much. With a new owner, with ambition and money, and new, seemingly impressive, management and back room staff, my feeling was we would go up.

What I meant was not many teams go straight back up at the first time of asking.

Listen, I was dead against the dream of the play offs after that disastrous run we went on but, there's no doubt that we could win all our last games if we keep our confidence going. Then, it all comes down to two other clubs imo - Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday. 

Fulham have incredibly tough away games at Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Norwich and Huddersfield. Have two winnable home games plus us. So, if they were to win both of those other home games plus draw at Sheffield Wednesday that would put them on 71 points. We win all ours then we have 75 points. It then all comes down to whether Sheffield Wednesday can take a further 11 points from the other 18 possible. Ordinarily, judging by the fixtures, you would say yes they can. But, they are on a terrible run of form. 

Basically, we need to win all our games, hope Fulham can't win away and, that Wednesday continue on this bad run. 

19 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Listen, I was dead against the dream of the play offs after that disastrous run we went on but, there's no doubt that we could win all our last games if we keep our confidence going. Then, it all comes down to two other clubs imo - Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday. 

Fulham have incredibly tough away games at Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Norwich and Huddersfield. Have two winnable home games plus us. So, if they were to win both of those other home games plus draw at Sheffield Wednesday that would put them on 71 points. We win all ours then we have 75 points. It then all comes down to whether Sheffield Wednesday can take a further 11 points from the other 18 possible. Ordinarily, judging by the fixtures, you would say yes they can. But, they are on a terrible run of form. 

Basically, we need to win all our games, hope Fulham can't win away and, that Wednesday continue on this bad run. 

jim carrey chance dumb and dumber hopeful so youre telling me theres a chance GIF

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

A blast inside the box then an oportunistic tickle in the area..........?

Stroked it home resulting in an explosion of noise.