The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

What would the best one look like sailor boy? gay_hand.gif

:P

Ermm, I don't know. A friend of mine has been to some and once told me that they can be quite stylish and glamorous. So he said. 

• Like 1

Seriously we should all forget about it until the last couple of games, IF it happens then c'est la vie. For me there are simply too many clubs above us for all the ducks to fall into the same row.  That run post Xmas has proven so so costly

Us Villa-fans are really starved for success aren't we? People clinging on to the faintest hope there is. I guess the realists are staying away from this thread, but visiting fans from other clubs must think that all of us belive its possible. I understand that we are on a great run, but to win all of our last matches isn't going to happen. We have scored 12 goals away from home this season for crying out loud.

Just looked...we only have 3 more away matches....we are going up aren't we?? ;)

3 away games are interesting as we will take 6k to Fulham and just heard we will have 8k at Blackburn.  The other is Burton who are fighting to stay up.  Winnable games you would say.  Home we are pretty good.  

Its achievable but a long shot.  

Personally I don't think it will happen but while it's possible let's go for it.

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm worried that some of our lot are getting there hopes up too much and when we don't make the play offs everything is shit again. 

Yer needn't worry, the moment we next lose a game then this will all be over and we'll all be glad for the run we have just had. But as it stands, we are literally on course for something special. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yer needn't worry, the moment we next lose a game then this will all be over and we'll all be glad for the run we have just had. But as it stands, we are literally on course for something special. 

I'm worrying that much I've had to up my tablets.

11 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Whatever happens a strong finish to this season bodes well for next. 

Nice to have some pride in Villa again. 

We are halfway down the Championship. Where's the pride in that?

4 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

We are halfway down the Championship. Where's the pride in that?

We can change that. I feel we are showing signs of recovery, have hit the bottom and are now working our way forward slowly but surely. 

We are also building a togetherness and resilience which is something we haven't had for a long time. I'm actually excited for next season (and still interested to see where we finish for this) 

We are getting stronger.

This makes me proud. 

• Like 1

We have 54 points.   IF we beat QPR (likely), Burton Albion (probable), Reading at home (very difficult), then we will be on 63 points. 

Fulham have 64 points and play Derby (draw), Ipswich (win), Norwich (draw) which would leave them on 69 points.

We then play each other... and if we were somehow to win that game, we'd be 3 points behind with 3 games left to play.

Of course, this is still assuming that we win the next 4 games in a row... which overall is very unlikely.  

I'd give us a 100/1 chance of making the playoffs.

Even if we win every game we could still fall short so it's extremely unlikely.

We just need to focus on our own fixtures and results and see where it takes us.

If nothing else it should give us confidence and momentum for next season, it is also likely to help when it comes to retaining and attracting players in the summer.

So one game at a time starting tomorrow with sending Holloway back down south with his tail between his legs.

• Like 2