The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Too much of a gap in such few little games. Sorry all, the dream is well and truly over.

Not really. If we win the rest of our games, it is very possible. Big if I know, but we're on an unprecedented run right now anyway so who knows.

We are not gonna win all our remaining games. Sorry to be negative but not even Newcastle and Brighton can boast that and they are better than us.

But saying that if somehow we did finish 6th would rather play Huddersfield than Leeds in play offs. I think we would beat them over two legs. Leeds on other hand would be  tougher game

36 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Too much of a gap in such few little games. Sorry all, the dream is well and truly over.

You know what, if I didn't know this league better I'd agree. But, there's a chance that in 2 games time the gap could be down to 4 points with 5 to go. Would you say the same then?

Probably won't happen that way, but then you roll on to the next game, do your bit and cross your fingers.

It's unlikely, but it's not insurmountable. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Not really. If we win the rest of our games, it is very possible. Big if I know, but we're on an unprecedented run right now anyway so who knows.

I think you believe already.

• Like 1

I just don't think there's any chance in hell that we can continue this form and effectively win every game. This league isn't like that and we're not good enough.

Even if the gap did get to 4 points with 5 to go (and that is a huge IF), I still think it would be incredibly difficult. 

If there's one thing I've learned from passively following the  Championship all these years it's that there's always one team every season that goes on a crazy run at the end of the season to sneak automatic promotion or a playoff spot

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If there's one thing I've learned from passively following the  Championship all these years it's that there's always one team every season that goes on a crazy run at the end of the season to sneak automatic promotion or a playoff spot

And one that tragically implodes (I'm looking at you, Derby).

21 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Watch Brentford win 7 games now.:P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I just don't think there's any chance in hell that we can continue this form and effectively win every game. This league isn't like that and we're not good enough.

Of course there is a chance. We are talking about winning our next seven games not our next 20. It is a slim one I will grant you but the longer this good run goes on, the more confident we become and the more winning becomes a habit. Win tonight then we are on a run of 4 wins on the spin, 7 wins in last 8 and then go to Burton Albion.

I intend to enjoy this ride and the glimmer of hope for as long as it lasts but am under no illusions that as soon as we fail to win it is all over. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Of course there is a chance. We are talking about winning our next seven games not our next 20. It is a slim one I will grant you but the longer this good run goes on, the more confident we become and the more winning becomes a habit. Win tonight then we are on a run of 4 wins on the spin, 7 wins in last 8 and then go to Burton Albion.

I intend to enjoy this ride and the glimmer of hope for as long as it lasts but am under no illusions that as soon as we fail to win it is all over. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this as much as everyone else. I feel I'm being realistic considering the league we're in, though I appreciate it may seem negative. 

• Like 1

Even with all these wins we are still 11th and 9 points off 6th. I agree with preface it's a little too late. I think 8th is definitely achievable and I am feeling very optimistic for next season

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Even with all these wins we are still 11th and 9 points off 6th. I agree with preface it's a little too late. I think 8th is definitely achievable and I am feeling very optimistic for next season

Other sides have tougher runs. Sheffield will lose to Newcastle next week. Gap will be 6 with 5 to go. Fulham will play us and Sheffield as well. You never know

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

Other sides have tougher runs. Sheffield will lose to Newcastle next week. Gap will be 6 with 5 to go. Fulham will play us and Sheffield as well. You never know

I think our run is tough as well. reading don't be easy. You know blose will do their utmost to try ruin our chances. Fulham away is tough and Brighton might be challenging for title. Just can't see us winning every game and results going fir us as well! I admire the optimism though guys your great :)