The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

I'll be happy to finish top half. To think we even have a chance of the play offs is wishful thinking of the highest order. We would have to win every single game to have a chance and we are not going to do that in a million years. I reckon we can try for 10th place but any higher will have to wait til next season.

Brighton and Fulham I expect to lose and I think we will draw with Reading, Blues and Norwich.

Still, over 60 points is doable and that would be a great achievement considering we didnt win for 2 months.

Talk of winning every game is laughable and will not be happening but at least we are seeing an improvement. 

55 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I'll be happy to finish top half. To think we even have a chance of the play offs is wishful thinking of the highest order. We would have to win every single game to have a chance and we are not going to do that in a million years. I reckon we can try for 10th place but any higher will have to wait til next season.

Brighton and Fulham I expect to lose and I think we will draw with Reading, Blues and Norwich.

Still, over 60 points is doable and that would be a great achievement considering we didnt win for 2 months.

Talk of winning every game is laughable and will not be happening but at least we are seeing an improvement. 

Cant see us losing to an already promoted Brighton,think we'll beat Reading,SHA & Norwich so it might be down to winning at Fulham- not impossible

Who knows it wouldn't be such a miracle!

59 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Cant see us losing to an already promoted Brighton,think we'll beat Reading,SHA & Norwich so it might be down to winning at Fulham- not impossible

Who knows it wouldn't be such a miracle!

A miracle is EXACTLY what it would be. And when did Brighton get promoted? They may well be when we play them but they may also need a win to go up.

Anyway, its irrelevant because we are not going to be mathematically in contention in May. I just want us to win a few more games and beat the Blues. That's the best we can realistically hope for and it'll do for me.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

One thing is for sure in my mind, Sheffield Wednesday have imploded and I think their place is up for grabs. Obviously, because of their position, Fulham look good for the final spot. Unfortunately for Villa, we have wasted our chance with that poor run after Christmas. 

• Like 2

After last year and everything to February, 7th (and missing out) would still feel real progress, success and grounds for optimism to kick-on, we would be very well placed to further gel and gain promotion next season. I am actually enjoying the Championship a lot more than I thought, I also have a huge amount of respect for the clubs in it - they have the quality but just lack the consistency.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

It's not going to happen but stranger things have happened at sea.

It'd be a pretty bloody impressive feat if we somehow did manage to pull it off.

Think I said the same thing about Leicester winning the Premier league.

22 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Think I said the same thing about Leicester winning the Premier league.

I was actually going to mention Leicester in my comment but I decided against it because it's been done to death so I opted for stranger things at sea

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I was actually going to mention Leicester in my comment but I decided against it because it's been done to death so I opted for stranger things at sea

Is that where the second series is going to be based? Hmm. 

• Like 1