January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Ayew simply hasn't delivered enough to be considered an 'essential' player for us. He has massively disappointed, shown his talent only in flashes this season when the drop in level should have meant that he consistently distinguishes himself as one of the very best in the league. 

£10m would be very good business for a Championship player who can't even hold down a regular first team place. Given the interest is from China we will probably end up holding out for more.

• Like 1

I'd like to keep Ayew, as I think he could still be important in the run in.  Unless we get a ridiculous bid from China of course, as I can't see another European club coming in for him in January if he is at the Nations Cup.  Swap Gestede for someone else and buy a couple of midfielders is all we need really.  Perhaps a keeper and right back too.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

This smells like BS to me? 6.5m for that donkey! Premier League clubs and Newcastle interested? I **** hate transfer windows. I don't want us to buy anybody unless they are genuinely world class and maybe want to play for us out of sympathy. 

Clubs have money to throw away in the league above and if Boro want to prove it by paying £6.5m to us for Gestede then I would not want to stand in their way. This and the Amavi situation suggests that we are not a selling club and demand big money to even consider selling a player that is on the fringes of the first team.  

I therefore also think that if Andres Villas Boaz is serious about Ayew he may therefore need to offer 50% - 100% more and that might not even be enough for the Doctor!    

17 minutes ago, John said:

Clubs have money to throw away in the league above and if Boro want to prove it by paying £6.5m to us for Gestede then I would not want to stand in their way. This and the Amavi situation suggests that we are not a selling club and demand big money to even consider selling a player that is on the fringes of the first team.  

I therefore also think that if Andres Villas Boaz is serious about Ayew he may therefore need to offer 50% - 100% more and that might not even be enough for the Doctor!    

That is literally what happens in all transfer windows with new owners ( try not to sell, show intent you're not a selling club etc.) . It means nothing long term. 

Edited by Alakagom

I simply do not believe the statement "not much money to spend in Jan"

Why would DrT

1) sanction a spend of 50+mill with the intention of promotion

2) appoint RDM, sack him as results are not "promotion material"

3) appoint SB - a proven promoteur

4) then not use the next oppertunity to strengthen at a time when his newly appointed manager has more than turned the results in our favour 

5) It is as plain to see as the sky is blue on a sunny day that we need at the absolute minimum 1 CM who is garanteed to hit the ground running.

(It is MHO that we need - 1GK 1 RB 1CB 1DM 2CM's - one of to be a playmaker 1 LW 1 ST/Goal-Machine

But I'd settle for a GK 1CB & 2 CM's if we can improve the defence with Bacuna @ RB - RDL eventual return from injury - and Bruce thinking a better midfield would improve our offensive play enough with Grealish Adomah Green McC Gaby & RHM whilst Ayew & Kodjia are unavailable - and for the run in

Grealish McC Ayew Adomah Kodjia Gaby RHM & Green as our strike force)

DrT has ambition & money Wyness (I think) has already come out and said this & next season FFP wont be a problem

Why would DrT NOT go the whole hog?

Can someone explain the logic?

Is there definitive info THAT we wont spend out there/said/written/reported?

Anybody ITK?

Edited by Grasshopper

Could just be the usual thing clubs do to keep prices down.

It's not like we're going to shout from the roof " We have tons of cash, name your price and we'll pay any sum you'd like. WE ARE DESPERATE!!!"

Edited by sne

Without not knowing much about anything, I can pretty much guarantee we have money to spend. It's an altogether different issue whether (and/or how much) we'll be spending in January. 

Considering the turnaround since Bruce came in, I'm fairly certain we'll spend whatever it takes, if the manager's preferred targets are available/attainable.

57 minutes ago, sne said:

Could just be the usual thing clubs do to keep prices down.

It's not like we're going to shout from the roof " We have tons of cash, name your price and we'll pay any sum you'd like. WE ARE DESPERATE!!!"

Does nobody in football know it apart from us Villa fans then!? Are we the only people who know we've got tons of cash. 

5 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Does nobody in football know it apart from us Villa fans then!? Are we the only people who know we've got tons of cash. 

Do we even know if we have tons of cash to spend?