January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

30 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

We didn't get a left winger in the summer and we still desperately need some balance. If Grealish and/or Green aren't up to it in Bruce's eyes then I'd love to see something done about that. Hutton, Westwood, Gardner may be shit but Grealish, Amavi, Ayew, McCormack, Kodjia and now Bacuna have all basically been filling in out of position at some point this season and Bruce is likely to want to play a 442 at times (which is no bad thing imo).

Having mentioned Gardner and Westwood - If we got 2 central midfielders in I'd be delighted. If we don't get 1 central midfielder in this window I'll be disappointed.

Can Bruce find us better options at RB and GK? lets see. No-one's going to complain if we dont see Hutton again or if Gollini/Bunn are battling out for a place on the bench because we have found some keeper we all can agree on being an upgrade. I just think a Left winger and a central midfielder coming in would do us more good than say a RB and a CM. And after the last few years I dont really want to get my hopes up on more than 1 or maybe 2 signings in January.

This is an absolute must sign.

• Like 1

Leicester are looking to loan out Matty James in January, Hull and Swansea interested but they don't wan't to loan to relegation rivals (according to Internet)

Is he any good, is he worth a try?

Been out injured a for a while.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Leicester are looking to loan out Matty James in January, Hull and Swansea interested but they don't wan't to loan to relegation rivals (according to Internet)

I like him, played well against us at VP I seem to recall

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Decent player from what I remember. A bit like Gardner, only actually good. However, after a year out the game who really knows.

Did his ACL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Bit of everything, excels at nothing ..IMO!

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

Kalinic was not at all good at Blackburn.

I think it was probably the start of the Blackburn free-fall when everybody looked shit

he got a couple in the semi-final at Villa Park through some shocking goalkeeping

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In that case we should bid for him anyway, since we would allegedley now know what fee they will accept. match it and let the player decide. 

I could see Will Hughes excitement from turning down chance to play with players like Lukaku, Coleman, Barry etc to play with such players like Hutton, Jedinak and Gabby

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Did a job for me on Football Manager 2017, sign him up ;)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Barry and Jedinak would again be the slowest CM pairing in the league.

I mentioned Will Hughes yesterday but I agree he's extremely unlikely to end up at Villa. A player in his mould would be great though, along with another midfielder capable of passing a football more than 5 yards. Huddlestone would do the job, but I think we could attract better, younger players than him.

Loaning Jenkinson as a right back would be good for us, in fact a couple of loan deals would be great for the other positions we could do with filling (after CM's). The less contracts we dish out now whilst we are a Championship standard team the less players we will need to move on when they are found out at Premiership level (i.e. Jedinak, Elphick)

Promotion is a must though and the only target this season, and so whatever Bruce & Xia go with I have faith in!

This is the one of the first January window's I am genuinely excited by!

Barry might be slow- however he does have that bad habit of passing to a team mate- however I now gather that he's signed a new contract with the toffees which is disappointing, still love Tom Carroll to come in though.

A swap of Gestede for Rhodes would be a pretty good deal for us in my opinion. Although I imagine it would be a similar thing to Adama and Adomah where we sell and buy rather than a straight swap.

Rhodes is proven at this level, and in a fairly average Blackburn side he did pretty well. Happy to be corrected though as I didn't spend that much time watching Championship until this year.

Edited by alreadyexists

Football is an odd business isn't it?

I wonder if we could get Jack Hunt from Sheff Weds... I was relatively impressed when I saw him play this year, and wouldn't break the bank I don't think. A loan for right back cover is probably more likely though... anyone seen any names knocking around? Chelsea must have about a million unused right backs, can't they just give us one the stingy gits.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I could see Will Hughes excitement from turning down chance to play with players like Lukaku, Coleman, Barry etc to play with such players like Hutton, Jedinak and Gabby

Sitting on the bench with Darren Gibson?