January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

7 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I'd have him back too. Would give us that bite and drive in midfield that we are lacking. 

Ditto. Wouldn't happen though.

The only player I hate too much to have back is Ashley Young after THAT dive against us.

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Delph !!  Yeah why not , let's make it a double signing with James Milner or even a triple and get Benteke back , we need a striker after all 

Should try and get Kyle Walker on loan from Spurs again as well!

If it wasn't clear before (it was), yesterday made it painfully clear we need an entirely new midfield. 3 new central midfielders please.

If we are to play 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 (I hope we don't) we need a LW because we haven't got one.

Also desperately need a new RB because Hutton, bless his heart he's trying, he just can't cross the ball. The opponents allow him loads of space because they know he's harmless. Allowing them to close down our central and LW players with 2 or more players. It get's a bit better when Adomah is on because he's a threat. But a new RB would transform us.

Striker on loan also a priority.

The only way Delph would be enticed to return to Villa is if he is assured that he is hated enough to the point that he would be pelted on the pitch with coins. That way he can spend the entire game running around the pitch with a sack picking up the money.

• Like 1

No point signing Rhodes either on loan or permanent. 

We don't need a finisher/poacher type, what we need is someone to create the opportunities for a player like him to finish and poach.

Our midfielders are piss poor. I'd look to sign four of them before we start adding to the six strikers we currently have. 

Oh, and a goalkeeper, because a 21yr old and a midget with a four foot quiff ain't cutting the mustard. 

Edited by Delphinho123

3 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I'd have him back too. Would give us that bite and drive in midfield that we are lacking. 

Isn't he always injured anyway?  I'm not sure he'd add much drive to the team in that case.  We need to move on, try and find the next Delph.

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We don't need a finisher/poacher type, what we need is someone to create the opportunities for a player like him to finish and poach.

Au contraire. Hear me out...

Johnny Kodjia doesn't play well with others. He will of course create chances for himself and win us points out of nowhere, but on several occasions over the last two games he has had the opportunity to play in McCormack for tap ins and he's gone for goal. In my opinion, he's better on the left of a 3 or even a midfield 5, playing a free role to a degree. To do that we need better midfielders yes, to cover for him when he off on one. 

We don't have anybody to play on the last man through the middle. McCormack would have 6/7 goals by now even with his poor form if he had a strike partner who could do the basics, like open his eyes. He had the same issue with Ayew early in the season. 

That's not to say I don't rate Johnny Kodjia, only that I think it would be great if we had the option to play as more of a team up front. I think we'd also see the best of McCormack, which will be vital IMO. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Au contraire. Hear me out...

Johnny Kodjia doesn't play well with others. He will of course create chances for himself and win us points out of nowhere, but on several occasions over the last two games he has had the opportunity to play in McCormack for tap ins and he's gone for goal. In my opinion, he's better on the left of a 3 or even a midfield 5, playing a free role to a degree. To do that we need better midfielders yes, to cover for him when he off on one. 

We don't have anybody to play on the last man through the middle. McCormack would have 6/7 goals by now even with his poor form if he had a strike partner who could do the basics, like open his eyes. He had the same issue with Ayew early in the season. 

That's not to say I don't rate Johnny Kodjia, only that I think it would be great if we had the option to play as more of a team up front. I think we'd also see the best of McCormack, which will be vital IMO. 

Hmmm. 

I see your point. 

Regardless, I think the number one priority should be the midfield. Then we can address the fact that Kodija and Ayew simply don't pass the ball. 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Hmmm. 

I see your point. 

Regardless, I think the number one priority should be the midfield. Then we can address the fact that Kodija and Ayew simply don't pass the ball. 

Agreed. Midfield should be number one priority, but as ever if the opportunity presents itself to improve in other areas we should take it. In whatever order. 

10 hours ago, villianusa said:

You're welcome to you're opinion, I'd still like him back.

Me too- I would collect him if needed.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We must have one of the worst midfields in the league in terms of its balance, cohesion, and general 'knowing what to do on the ball'. It is downright embarrassing. 

Your bang on the money- we so need a midfielder who can just knit everything together - pull the strings and make us tick over- as I have mentioned I would like to see Tom Carroll come in- I think he's just a squad member at Spurs so I would assume that the chance of game time even on loan would be an upgrade for him?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJ said:

The only way Delph would be enticed to return to Villa is if he is assured that he is hated enough to the point that he would be pelted on the pitch with coins. That way he can spend the entire game running around the pitch with a sack picking up the money.

Modern day footballers I'm afraid- I can think of others who behaved worse IMO

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Our midfielders are piss poor. I'd look to sign four of them before we start adding to the six strikers we currently have. 

Oh, and a goalkeeper, because a 21yr old and a midget with a four foot quiff ain't cutting the mustard. 

That's the kind of striker we need alongside one ir two midfielders