January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

3 minutes ago, KSV said:

Wonder if Delph is going to Newcastle. I don't care about the past. We could do with him in midfield. 

Can see it now, Delph scoring against us in the Play Off final giving them the lead...

...only for Clark to score an own goal in the dying minutes taking it to extra time where Gabby scores his 1 goal of the decade to win it for us :D

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

According to the Birmingham Mail we are after Nikola Kalinic, former Blackburn striker now at Fiorentina where he appears to be doing well. 

They got this from Corriere dello Sport, who could be absolutely anybody for all I know. 

I read that he's going to China for silly money? Can't say I remember him from Blackburn?

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

According to the Birmingham Mail we are after Nikola Kalinic, former Blackburn striker now at Fiorentina where he appears to be doing well. 

They got this from Corriere dello Sport, who could be absolutely anybody for all I know. 

Pretty sure that guy is going to China for silly money, unless Xia is using his contacts tov get that guy in on loan once the deal to China is done 

2005–2009. Hajduk Split 59 (32)

2006. Pula (loan) 12 (3)

2007. Šibenik (loan) 8 (3)

2009–2011. Blackburn Rovers 44 (7)

2011–2015. Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 86 (37)

2015. Fiorentina 53 (20)

Appearances on the left, goals on brackets. 

From Wiki

With Gabriel Jesus coming in January I wonder where that will leave Iheanacho at Man City? 

Nigeria not in the AFCON he would be an perfect loan for us.

Highly unrealistic, but still...

• Like 1

We didn't get a left winger in the summer and we still desperately need some balance. If Grealish and/or Green aren't up to it in Bruce's eyes then I'd love to see something done about that. Hutton, Westwood, Gardner may be shit but Grealish, Amavi, Ayew, McCormack, Kodjia and now Bacuna have all basically been filling in out of position at some point this season and Bruce is likely to want to play a 442 at times (which is no bad thing imo).

Having mentioned Gardner and Westwood - If we got 2 central midfielders in I'd be delighted. If we don't get 1 central midfielder in this window I'll be disappointed.

Can Bruce find us better options at RB and GK? lets see. No-one's going to complain if we dont see Hutton again or if Gollini/Bunn are battling out for a place on the bench because we have found some keeper we all can agree on being an upgrade. I just think a Left winger and a central midfielder coming in would do us more good than say a RB and a CM. And after the last few years I dont really want to get my hopes up on more than 1 or maybe 2 signings in January.

Kalinic scored 13 goals for Blackburn in 53 games - 5 of those goals were against us. To be fair, it'd be a little harsh to judge him on his time at Blackburn. They weren't a particularly good side and he was only 21/22 at the time, he's mostly done pretty well elsewhere. But I just don't see him dropping down to come here.