January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

On 12/27/2016 at 18:10, av1 said:

I don't think Jedinak and Huddlestone would form part of same midfield. Jedinak would find himself on the bench

I think it would be one or the other, too....

but I have seen 2 Dm's work before.....not in every game but selected games.....It also allows 2 forwards and 2 creative midfield/wingers.

It's quite feasible to see 4 offensive and 6 defensive players make a fist of it.

I actually think at present it is too much work for Jedinak, but then, he is 32 he is not going to be around for ever.

Edited by TRO

There was an Alan Nixon article saying a Chinese club were interested in Ayew and we would take £10m. If we're talking about a Chinese then we should really be holding out for a lot more. 

ANDRE VILLAS BOAS wants to sign Aston Villa striker Jordan Ayew for his Chinese club Shanghai SIPG.

The former Chelsea and Spurs boss, fresh from acquiring Chelsea star Oscar, has made an approach for Ayew – who could be sold by Steve Bruce in the January transfer window.

He is not a starter under Bruce and he is unsettled in the Championship, so the chance of a lucrative switch to the Far East may appeal to him.

Villa would want around £10 million for Ayew but that kind of money is no problem to Villas Boas’s club who have been spending freely – with Oscar their latest capture for close to £60m.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2490828/aston-villa-forward-jordan-ayew-wanted-by-shanghai-sipg-boss-andre-villas-boas/

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Sometimes I wish I was so shit at my job that my contractors would Sell me off for millions

don't analyse it.....we will get 5,000 then next gate if you do.:)

Edited by TRO

I would want more than 10 mill

SB seems to think the clubs demise has affected him badly....only he can know and seems to think he will get better.

IF.....If we can get a better player, then its a no brainer ...deal.

but we have been industry champions at selling better players than we have bought.

Lets be cautious and hope Steve can fulfill his objective of buying better than we sell......if so, fine.

10mil for Ayew would be tempting. I like him and he's clearly got talent but he's not the be all and end all and doesn't seem to quite fit into the side now or indeed any side we've had him in, under quite a few managers.

If we've got someone lined up, a more traditional winger for example, I'd pull the trigger.

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

10mil for Ayew would be tempting. I like him and he's clearly got talent but he's not the be all and end all and doesn't seem to quite fit into the side now or indeed any side we've had him in, under quite a few managers.

If we've got someone lined up, a more traditional winger for example, I'd pull the trigger.

Jefferson Montero?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

??????

meaning the crowd will realise that the industry is busted and ruin their dream.....just leading on from your point about the comparison with normal industry

not a sleight on your analysis....just me having dickhead moment.

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

meaning the crowd will realise that the industry is busted and ruin their dream.....just leading on from your point about the comparison with normal industry

not a sleight on your analysis....just me having dickhead moment.

still dont understand

but hey its been a long day

be a shame to see Ayew leave as even though he is incredibly frustrating he definitely has talent and ability, whether or not he will showcase that enough in a Villa shirt I don't know, i'd prefer to see Bruce bring in some new faces first and then see if Ayew will benefit from that. On the other hand if he wants to leave and we get good money then well it's hard to argue.

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Second half vs Forest, game winning contributions from the bench vs Reading and Burton. 2 goals and 5 assists. 

To say he has shown nothing is plain wrong. He's contributed more than anyone not named Johnny Kodjia. 

Inconsistent yes, really **** frustrating at times. However the new manager has been here 12 games and I'd love him to deem it fit to give the relationship time. For our sake. Because those contributions have been vital. 

Contributed more than Chester, Baker? Can't agree with that. He's so frustrating too much of the time imo, he's not the teams best performing striker and he's not the teams best performing winger so I don't see a consistent place in the starting lineup for him. He can have moments  where's he's great but he hasn't turned enough 'moments' into 'games' imo. He's bought himself starting positions from very good sub appearances but then when starting in those has failed to impress. A decent wedge of money and I'd let him go, the team is already pretty loose with such a weak midfield, so I don't see the point in having an inconsistent, at times greedy player along with that, despite his talents that he has not showed anywhere enough.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

This smells like BS to me? 6.5m for that donkey! Premier League clubs and Newcastle interested? I **** hate transfer windows. I don't want us to buy anybody unless they are genuinely world class and maybe want to play for us out of sympathy. 

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

That's my view as well

no sight on Ayew i just don't think we are ever going to use him properly with our current setup  , maybe sign him back in a few years when we are pushing for the prem title 

Edited by tonyh29

I am perfectly happy for Ayew to leave but we should be getting more than £10m, especially from China. 

I Iike how we are playing this. Bruce being very matter of fact  and non commital about players going out or coming in. Very much playing down the likelihood of either happening other than confirming a couple of loans. 

Xia talking about us turning down mega bucks offers. 

Everyone will be a little in the dark about if we really want to or need to let players go,  think we don't need any money, will  wonder if we have already in our minds fixed whatever issues we had with some loans.  Probably think we will only bring in players if the deal is reasonable as we're a bit meh about needing to bring someone in. 

We NOT coming across as a desperate needy club. 

I like our style.