January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Just now, Nigel said:

Huddlestone would be fine for where we are IMO

One issue being that him and Jedinak together would be a painfully slow CM pairing.

Would need a 3rd CM with amazing mobility and stamina.

1 minute ago, sne said:

One issue being that him and Jedinak together would be a painfully slow CM pairing.

Maybe a horse? .....Bet there is nothing in the rules!

• Like 2

Just now, sne said:

Sure, can't see why not.

After all we've had an never ending line of donkeys at the club.

Love to see the fa henchmen frantically searching the rules as we limber him up!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sne said:

I don't think Jedinak and Huddlestone would form part of same midfield. Jedinak would find himself on the bench

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I don't think Jedinak and Huddlestone would form part of same midfield. Jedinak would find himself on the bench

Fine by me, but that would mean we must bring in 3 CM's in January.

Just now, sne said:

Fine by me, but that would mean we must bring in 3 CM's in January.

I think thats required anyway to be honest. The whole midfield need an overhaul.

Just now, sne said:

Tall order to manage in 1 window thou.

In terms of recruiting and moulding a whole new midfield, yes i agree its not easy in 1 window.

But looking at it from a different angle, we have a good manager and an owner willing to invest, charged with the task of finding a few midfielders better than Ashley Westwood, Gary Gardner, Leandro Bacuna, and Mile Jedinak. 

All of a sudden that doesn't sound like to difficult a task. 

2 hours ago, HolteExile said:

Hourihane at Barnsley would fit the criteria. Another assist yesterday and chips in with his fair share of goals from midfield. 

Can do the uglier stuff too. 

Hourihane has been excellent this season. Top-rated player in the division on whoscored.com, and has comfortably more assists than anyone else in the league (it isn't even close either). I think he'd be a realistic target (if expensive) and would genuinely improve the side. 

Will Hughes is an example of an unrealistic target. 

• Like 1

I think we need at least two midfielders, and if possible a right back on loan perhaps... that's probably being a bit greedy but the two CMs are a total priority. 

I trust Steve to know what he needs, and Tony to put the money up when needed. 

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

I would like to see us make bids for Tom Carroll - he can really see a pass and also Barry- I feel that these two would add a massive injection of quality just where it's needed most IMO 

Barry was Everton captain yesterday. I have no idea why people keep mentioning him as an option. 

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

I would like to see us make bids for Tom Carroll - he can really see a pass and also Barry- I feel that these two would add a massive injection of quality just where it's needed most IMO 

Get him in, quality, young English footballer