January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

It strikes me ever since we had the incumbent transfer window we have struggled to buy well or effectively.

we seemed to buy much more effectively.....before the window was introduced.

• Like 1

Crystal Palace look into loaning Ben Davies and signing Rudy Gestede

'Crystal Palace are to explore the possibility of taking the Wales international defender, Ben Davies, on loan from Tottenham next month and have been made aware of the potential availability of the Aston Villa striker, Rudy Gestede.

[...]

The need for Palace to secure a back-up striker to support Christian Benteke has been exacerbated by Connor Wickham being ruled out for the season after undergoing surgery to repair a damaged cruciate knee ligament. Another forward, the Chelsea loanee Loïc Rémy, has yet to feature after suffering a thigh injury in September and will most likely be absent until mid-January at least as he continues to work on his fitness.

In that context, Gestede could become an appealing option. The Benin forward cost Aston Villa around £4.5m from Blackburn in the summer of 2015 and scored five top-flight goals as the club finished bottom of the division. He has managed three this term, but is behind Jonathan Kodjia in the pecking order. Villa may look to secure Palace’s out-of-favour former Birmingham City attacker, Jordon Mutch, as part of the deal.

Pardew, who may also sound out Leicester City over Leonardo Ulloa . . .'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/13/crystal-palace-loan-ben-davies-gestede-alan-pardew

Edited by HanoiVillan

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think he's shite? I think he's outstanding, a brilliant footballer, his ability to create is immense in my opinion

Perhaps being harsh but he was absolutely horrific last night against us. Simply not a £10m player.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Perhaps being harsh but he was absolutely horrific last night against us. Simply not a £10m player.

Maybe last night was not the best game to judge him against,  I mean if it is true and we are after him and he knows etc it must have been a difficult situation to play in

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He is still only 21 years old, he will gain consistency in the coming years, his natural ability is fantastic, the football club will only benefit :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He is still only 21 years old, he will gain consistency in the coming years, his natural ability is fantastic, the football club will only benefit :)

6 hours ago, Richard said:

Maybe last night was not the best game to judge him against,  I mean if it is true and we are after him and he knows etc it must have been a difficult situation to play in

It wasn't a good advert of his talents but it's mad to judge him on one game anyway - plus as you say there were additional factors at play.

Not for me Brady.The fact that Westwood and GG seem to be the only options to play alongside Jed, and the fact that Elphick is our only option as a back up CH tells you that our priorities lie elsewhere.

Jenkinson would be a good addition, but we need another central defender as well, and we need at least 1 central midfielder, if not 2.

Sell Ayew, and sell Gestede if you ned to, but only if we have another attacker coming in.

This may seem mad and I've not been drinking (honest), but if Steve has any influence left at Man U, what about a cheeky loan enquiry for Rashford in Jan? He's not getting games in his natural position at present and I'd be happy if Man U even have an immediate recall clause.  Am I being just crazy here or is it worth a shout? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

This may seem mad and I've not been drinking (honest), but if Steve has any influence left at Man U, what about a cheeky loan enquiry for Rashford in Jan? He's not getting games in his natural position at present and I'd be happy if Man U even have an immediate recall clause.  Am I being just crazy here or is it worth a shout? 

Lol, would be going to a Prem team before coming anywhere near us.