January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

The type of players Bruce will buy are the type that will 'get the job done' if you know what I mean. I don't think there will be any flair players or mercurial talents, just grafters who put a shift in. These are the players who will get you promoted. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

The type of players Bruce will buy are the type that will 'get the job done' if you know what I mean. I don't think there will be any flair players or mercurial talents, just grafters who put a shift in. These are the players who will get you promoted. 

And keep us up year 1 and 2 back in the prem, so we'll definitely get good value out of them for the duration of their contracts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

And keep us up year 1 and 2 back in the prem, so we'll definitely get good value out of them for the duration of their contracts.

Exactly. They provide the base to build from. 

49 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If it's for the reported 50k a week, it's a no from me. 

How much players make only matters if the owner pulls the plug, e.g. Lerner. Other than that it's more important whether they improve the team or not. Brady improves current Villa. 

57 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If it's for the reported 50k a week, it's a no from me. 

I'm afraid if we want players from the likes of Norwich there is not much to persuade them to come to us rather than stay there other than lots of cash 

2 hours ago, Richard said:

I'm afraid if we want players from the likes of Norwich there is not much to persuade them to come to us rather than stay there other than lots of cash 

Agreed and there is no way of getting Norwich to agree to let him go unless we make them the sort of offer they want and would be likely to get from other clubs who might want the same player. 

15 hours ago, Mantis said:

Brady for £10m would be a horrendous piece of business but thankfully it's probably just speculation.

This is a horrendous overreaction!  

£10m for a 24 year with old with his experience, both club and international, is a bargain these days. His crossing and set piece delivery is something we are badly lacking.

He would a good signing for us if he doesn’t move to a Primer League club.

I'm not sure who you expect us to be signing.

• Like 2

We need

1x GK Back-up/Starter

1x RB

1x CB

1x DM

2x CM (1x playmaker - 1x Runner)

1x LW

1x Goalmachine

Squad needs ro be able to play

4-4-2 basic

4-1-3-2 Home