January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Lol. I thought the Delph and Young suggestions were amusing but Rashford and Carrick? This thread is hilarious. ;)

I agree with your view on Rashford, he's different class but I think that Carrick is attainable, whether he'd come is another matter altogether 

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

people want us to re-sign Sinclair. **** sake the only thing worse would be giving Hutton and Gabby new deals

I know I'm going to be in the minority here (quelle surprise) but i wouldn't be against giving Hutton a new deal, he wears his heart on his sleeve and always gives 100% in my opinion. 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I know I'm going to be in the minority here (quelle surprise) but i wouldn't be against giving Hutton a new deal, he wears his heart on his sleeve and always gives 100% in my opinion. 

Yes but that doesn't make him a good footballer. He can't cross the road and he is part of the problem. Needs upgrading.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Yes but that doesn't make him a good footballer. He can't cross the road and he is part of the problem. Needs upgrading.

You don't think he's a good footballer? Tottenham paid £8m for him if I remember rightly, I think he's comfortably a Premier League player, that's my opinion, that's different from everyone else's on this forum and probably planet

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You don't think he's a good footballer? Tottenham paid £8m for him if I remember rightly, I think he's comfortably a Premier League player, that's my opinion, that's different from everyone else's on this forum and probably planet

Yeah I think it was, maybe slightly more. No I think he has lost his way for a long time now. I think Jenkison will be a upgrade.

I agree he gives it his all, but it's not good enough. Says a lot when nobody comes in for him, and even out on loan he didn't impress.

If De leta was fit I don't think we'd see much of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wear my heart on my sleeve and I can guarantee I'll put more effort in each game than Hutton. Please can I have a contract?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Yeah I think it was, maybe slightly more. No I think he has lost his way for a long time now. I think Jenkison will be a upgrade.

I agree he gives it his all, but it's not good enough. Says a lot when nobody comes in for him, and even out on loan he didn't impress.

If De leta was fit I don't think we'd see much of him.

I rate Jenkinson, for me, he's easily a premier league player, I think he's better than De Laet and Hutton probably combined. Nobody can do better than give it their all, in my opinion, it's all that can be asked of any given player, Alan Hutton can't be faulted in that respect in my opinion 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I wear my heart on my sleeve and I can guarantee I'll put more effort in each game than Hutton. Please can I have a contract?

Have you got a pen ready? I think it's clear that I shouldn't be a football manager, if it was the case, we'd be in the Ryman Premier League :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I rate Jenkinson, for me, he's easily a premier league player, I think he's better than De Laet and Hutton probably combined. Nobody can do better than give it their all, in my opinion, it's all that can be asked of any given player, Alan Hutton can't be faulted in that respect in my opinion 

Well yes, but being a professional footballer, being good at football should also be up there.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Well yes, but being a professional footballer, being good at football should also be up there.

Yes I agree, it's a given, the clue is in the job title and that is why they have that job

I just hope Steve makes signings that make a difference to the team as opposed to players in the past making little difference and many cases left us worse.

The last 2 x 50 mill windows have left me underwhelmed.

Steve Bruce has already said that the players we have bought in recent times have not made the difference to improve us as a team....I wholeheartedly agree.

I am now just hoping that we can fix that and add players that will improve the balance of the team.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TRO said:

cheeky bid for carrick?

and then a playmaker.

The amount of games played in the Championship would not suit a player who at best can now only play one game per week without injury. Not that Carrick was a realistic choice anyway.:)

However If you are thinking of someone of that type of experience and passing ability then Barry would be a better choice but again not sure he would go to the Villa at the moment. A player/coaching role might entice him?

A midfield comprising of Jedinak and Barry wouldn't have enough energy to push Villa through a Championship season though. It would have to be one or the other and for me Barry would offer Villa more.

Edited by striker

31 minutes ago, striker said:

Barry would be a better choice but again not sure he would go to the Villa at the moment. A player/coaching role might entice him?

I would have hoped that the opportunity to play regularly and to return to us would be enough to entice him to want to come back but I suspect it might not be now. Players are seldom as good during their second visit to a club but in his case I think he might well do a job if he was interested and Bruce was as well.  

He has averaged mid 30's in terms of league games throughout his career and that is a figure he has achieved in each of the last 4 years for Everton.  This year he has featured in 14 of their 16 league games so far.  I'd say he is already playing regularly for a 35 year old

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Spurs paid that when he was 24 years old. He is out of his prime and well past his sell-by date. No way does he get into any Premier League team right now, he doesn't even look accomplished at Championship level. He is frequently caught out at the back and literally has no ability to pass or cross a football. The Brighton right back who is like 100 years old looks ten times better than him.

• Like 1