January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol, would be going to a Prem team before coming anywhere near us.

Agreed but ferguson1 did say it would be a "cheeky loan enquiry" so lets be first in with our cheeky enquiry. Nothing ventured nothing gained...;) 

Australia goalkeeper Mat Ryan has undergone surgery to remove a cyst from his hip - but will be back in action in January looking to reignite his club career with a loan move away from Valencia.

Surely this is a no brainer. Quality keeper. Loan with a view to permanent if we go up. Aussie players love the premier league. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Dare I say it, Scott Sinclair would add balance and a bit of creativity. 

You shouldn't be able to dare to say it. That's what's wrong with the world these days, people feel they can just recommend re-signing Scott Sinclair with impunity. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

This may seem mad and I've not been drinking (honest), but if Steve has any influence left at Man U, what about a cheeky loan enquiry for Rashford in Jan? He's not getting games in his natural position at present and I'd be happy if Man U even have an immediate recall clause.  Am I being just crazy here or is it worth a shout? 

I don't think its crazy to ask

I don't think it would be crazy if ManU said yes

It would come down to whether Marcus would come here. He may think he is above us and prefer to sit and wait for an opportunity at ManU

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

You shouldn't be able to dare to say it. That's what's wrong with the world these days, people feel they can just recommend re-signing Scott Sinclair with impunity. 

Considering where we are I think Sinclair woulda seen a lot of minutes and more than likely have scored a couple of goals and maybe had a few assists. That seems a reasonably guess IMO. Being we we are and how many goals we have scored..... id be willing to bet a decent sum of money (of course it could never be proved) that Scott Sinclair right now would be in our top 3 players behind Kodjia and Grealish. 

He annoyed the absolute shite out of me but again where we are and how we've played... He would've been an asset to us especially in January. 

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Considering where we are I think Sinclair woulda seen a lot of minutes and more than likely have scored a couple of goals and maybe had a few assists. That seems a reasonably guess IMO. Being we we are and how many goals we have scored..... id be willing to bet a decent sum of money (of course it could never be proved) that Scott Sinclair right now would be in our top 3 players behind Kodjia and Grealish. 

He annoyed the absolute shite out of me but again where we are and how we've played... He would've been an asset to us especially in January. 

I can't see why you would think that. Of the players who disappointed last season, only Bacuna and Grealish have done anything to turn his form around really. Hutton, Gestede, Cissokho, Bunn and Westwood were rubbish last season, and are rubbish this. I doubt 'king over the water' Sinclair would have suddenly turned into a world beater. Don't be fooled by him beating up on the gentleman amateurs of the Scottish Premier League. 

• Like 1

I can understand why a lot of people wouldn't want him, and it looks like he's going back to Burnley anyway, but I'd take Joey Barton in a heartbeat.

I think that shows just how piss-poor our midfield is, but his style of play is exactly what we need, IMO.

47 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I'd say the SPL is league one standard at best. Celtic would be a good championship team.

While I get your point, you do realise Celtic play in the champions league and give a decent account of themselves usually right?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

While I get your point, you do realise Celtic play in the champions league and give a decent account of themselves usually right?

They play in the champion's league because they're the best of an extremely poor league. And yeah I agree that most of the time they give a decent account of themselves, hence why most of the time they fail to even qualify for the group stages.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KSV said:

Australia goalkeeper Mat Ryan has undergone surgery to remove a cyst from his hip - but will be back in action in January looking to reignite his club career with a loan move away from Valencia.

Surely this is a no brainer. Quality keeper. Loan with a view to permanent if we go up. Aussie players love the premier league. 

Do they love the Championship too?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I can't see why you would think that. Of the players who disappointed last season, only Bacuna and Grealish have done anything to turn his form around really. Hutton, Gestede, Cissokho, Bunn and Westwood were rubbish last season, and are rubbish this. I doubt 'king over the water' Sinclair would have suddenly turned into a world beater. Don't be fooled by him beating up on the gentleman amateurs of the Scottish Premier League. 

Despite Sinclairs attitude at times I would say he still had a better season Hutton, Gestede, Cissokho, Bunn (not really sure why you even mentioned this guy) and Westwood. He had the ability to have a good season, whether he would've is up for debate. 

Considering we are always playing people out position on the left, I think there is a valid argument that Sinclair would've got reasonable game and made some contribution.

I also think that Steve Bruce is just the type of manager that could've brought some consistency from Sinclair.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

From watching sinclair at his days at villa....theres one thing he wont do and thats add creativity. What will happen is.... He will get the ball, head down and try to run past everyone to score. Next time he gets the ball, head down and try to run past everyone to score. Next time he gets the ball, head down and try to run past everyone to score. Repeat this 50x until one day the stars will align and he will score two goals in one game and everyone will be saying "i know hes got that in his locker, he just needs to add some consistency" and the following game he will go back to running with the ball, head down and failing.

Ill give you he will add balance to the side as it will be perfect wide-man symmetry if played with ayew as none of them will pass the ball.

• Like 4