January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

6 minutes ago, gharperr said:

From watching sinclair at his days at villa....theres one thing he wont do and thats add creativity. What will happen is.... He will get the ball, head down and try to run past everyone to score. Next time he gets the ball, head down and try to run past everyone to score. Next time he gets the ball, head down and try to run past everyone to score. Repeat this 50x until one day the stars will align and he will score two goals in one game and everyone will be saying "i know hes got that in his locker, he just needs to add some consistency" and the following game he will go back to running with the ball, head down and failing.

Ill give you he will add balance to the side as it will be perfect wide-man symmetry if played with ayew as none of them will pass the ball.

I think there's still a good player in there, he needs to knuckle down and ignore the media. He's still a very talented footballer, he needs to play under a manager who will get the best out of him i.e Brendan Rodgers who has known him since he was a teenager at Chelsea. He made a great start to his Villa career but he didn't follow it up, I still hold out some hope that he can come back here but it is looking doubtful, sadly

• Like 1

Rashford is never coming here, even if we tripled his wages to do so...

The lad played for England in the Summer for goodness sake! Remember that players left us when we were a premier league club to go sit on the bench at the likes of Man City, Everton etc.  They are not going to do the reverse when we're a Championship club!

Do you think he'd contemplate a move to Leeds?  Seriously, can you imagine waking up tomorrow and reading that Marcus Rashford has signed for Leeds Utd on loan for the rest of the season? No you can't.  Well now accept the fact that we are technically a worse bet than Leeds right now and the chance of him joining us, even on a weeks loan is even more ridiculous. 

• Like 1

We really need to crack on with getting rid of players. (Easier said than done, I know)

It's nice having a big squad, but even thou we have a shiny new rich owner, the money is still racking up.

At some point FFP will kick in and anyone not needed or up to grade should be sold if possible.

We have 4 players capable (or incapable more accurately) of playing RB with the only decent one out injured. Providing we get someone in (on loan most likely) we should actively try to get anyone out of Hutton, Richards or Bacuna sold.

As for strikers, we have loads and only Kodija & Ayew have been used on a regular basis. Even with AFCON I'd happily get rid of Gabby, Kozak & Gestede as long as we replace them with 1 solid upgrade.

For me the jury is still out on McCormack and as for Ayew he doesn't seem to grasp that football is a team game. A good offer for any of these 2 and I'd seriously contemplate selling.

Central midfield is a joke and any offer for Gardner, Westwood, Bacuna (and Tshibola if he isn't in Bruce's plans) would be welcomed.

We need 2 or 3 new quality midfielders in anyway so those above won't be playing in the second half of the season (if the aim is promotion) so they won't be missed.

A new #2 goalie would be nice and Bunn should be moved on.

Also an upgrade at CB would be sweet if we can find someone we are comfortable he can do the job in the PL as well. Elphick has been a disappointment but unless Jedinak can be switched successfully to CB we need him to make up the numbers.

Really hope that Bruce has a second look at our academy to see if anyone can make the step up as squad players. The likes of Green, Hepburn-Murphy, Lyden and Suliman ought to be able to do a job.

And then there is Gil, Veretout & Sanchez who I'm not sure what the status is regarding bringing them back or selling.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Rashford is never coming here, even if we tripled his wages to do so...

The lad played for England in the Summer for goodness sake! Remember that players left us when we were a premier league club to go sit on the bench at the likes of Man City, Everton etc.  They are not going to do the reverse when we're a Championship club!

Do you think he'd contemplate a move to Leeds?  Seriously, can you imagine waking up tomorrow and reading that Marcus Rashford has signed for Leeds Utd on loan for the rest of the season? No you can't.  Well now accept the fact that we are technically a worse bet than Leeds right now and the chance of him joining us, even on a weeks loan is even more ridiculous. 

Rashford may well be an unrealistic loan target, but we certainly are not a worse bet than Leeds right now.  It's not all about league position!  I'm pretty sure we can offer better wages, better training facilities, better fans/stadia experience and I would argue that Bruce is a better pull as manager than Monk.  So no I don't accept it.  Speaking of loans again, why can't we ask some of the big fish if we can have a player that's not getting game time for a month or two?  It that really so unrealistic?  Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, etc.  You don't ask, you don't get.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Rashford may well be an unrealistic loan target, but we certainly are not a worse bet than Leeds right now.  It's not all about league position!  I'm pretty sure we can offer better wages, better training facilities, better fans/stadia experience and I would argue that Bruce is a better pull as manager than Monk.  So no I don't accept it.  Speaking of loans again, why can't we ask some of the big fish if we can have a player that's not getting game time for a month or two?  It that really so unrealistic?  Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, etc.  You don't ask, you don't get.  

Loftus-Cheek and Chalobah are premier league quality players in my opinion, we'd do well to attract them to our Championship club but there is no harm in trying. They are both excellent young players who I have seen develop since they were kids. They are beginning to finally make their mark

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think there's still a good player in there, he needs to knuckle down and ignore the media. He's still a very talented footballer, he needs to play under a manager who will get the best out of him i.e Brendan Rodgers who has known him since he was a teenager at Chelsea. He made a great start to his Villa career but he didn't follow it up, I still hold out some hope that he can come back here but it is looking doubtful, sadly

Scott Sinclair is among the worst players that I have ever seen wear the shirt.

• Like 2

I'm not trying to be Mardy, but baring a brilliant transfer window with the right balanced players we can forget this season.

I'm not looking for a king Midas approach, but more like the right type of characters to get us up, maybe next year

The team is not right for me despite the uplifting results....play too much like individuals as opposed to a unit.

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm not trying to be Mardy, but baring a brilliant transfer window with the right balanced players we can forget this season.

I'm not looking for a king Midas approach, but more like the right type of characters to get us up, maybe next year

The team is not right for me despite the uplifting results....play too much like individuals as opposed to a unit.

So you genuinely think it is impossible for us to make up a 6 point gap with 24 games of a season left?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you genuinely think it is impossible for us to make up a 6 point gap with 24 games of a season left?

Nothing is impossible JV but unless a change of approach is on its way, I think we are having what skill we have got negated by teams more physical than us.

I see so may duels where we come out second.I do not know how your impose your skill on the game if that is going to happen.

I know Norwich was much worse than the other games under SB , but he looked shocked rigid to me.

some players performance particularly in regard to my concerns was alarming.....I've seen more fight and physical endeavour in a game of crown bowls.

6 points does not seem a huge gap to make up.....but we must remember one thing, we have to be playing better than them to overtake them on that evidence, we have no chance.

We are very easy to defend against and that needs urgent work, my suspicion is that IF the right midfielders are introduced in Jan we have a chance to improve our performances.

PS I do believe SB is aware.....my concern is can we find the players to put it right.

PPS with the list of failed midfielders that Villa Marv so eloquently illustrated in recent times.....yes I am concerned.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Nothing is impossible JV but unless a change of approach is on its way, I think we are having what skill we have got negated by teams more physical than us.

I see so may duels where we come out second.I do not know how your impose your skill on the game if that is going to happen.

I know Norwich was much worse than the other games under SB , but he looked shocked rigid to me.

some players performance particularly in regard to my concerns was alarming.....I've seen more fight and physical endeavour in a game of crown bowls.

6 points does not seem a huge gap to make up.....but we must remember one thing, we have to be playing better than them to overtake them on that evidence, we have no chance.

We are very easy to defend against and that needs urgent work, my suspicion is that IF the right midfielders are introduced in Jan we have a chance to improve our performances.

PS I do believe SB is aware.....my concern is can we find the players to put it right.

Well all indication are that they have been working on reinforcements, which in his own words will "dramatically" improve the squad since before the last match. So keep the faith! ;)

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well all indication are that they have been working on reinforcements, which in his own words will "dramatically" improve the squad since before the last match. So keep the faith! ;)

fingers crossed.

we can't win every match, but we can fight trying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I've said since last season Loftus Cheek would be brilliant, loans rules have changed though haven't they? Don't think you can do short term. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Its 7 now. 

Regardless of how much it is.. i cant see it this year. We just dont have enough goals in the side to beat teams with a regularity. I am not sure he can fix this in one transfer window. We may also lose a few of our better attackers in January. 

I am starting to think this one will slip away from us. Even if we make the play offs. We will get beat by better teams who have hungry (for the right reasons) players. 

Yes we may strengthen.. but so will other teams.. and our buying policy in the off season was pretty shit.. we have money and blew it on average players. If we spent 10 million on Brady.. well it will continue that way. 

• Like 1

We need 4-5 players. Whether we can bring them in.. who knows. It will be hard to gel them in as well in January and losing Kodjia.

-------------------------Johnstone---------------------------

Jenkinson-------Chester------Baker-----------Amavi

------------------Jedinak------McCarthy-------------------

-------------------------Hourihane----------------------------

------------Gil---------------------------Grealish-------------

---------------------------Kodjia--------------------------------

That side would compete and win games. Creative and create plenty of chances for Kodjia to put away. However, in January we lose him.. McCormack upfront or another striker on loan. Cant bring Gil back then we need another attacking midfield or play with Ayew/Adomah or go 2 upfront with Gestede and MCormack. 

I just hope we sign new players that are more rounded and have a few more attributes than the narrow bunch we have in the past.

we have constantly swapped players in and out of the team, gaining attributes on one hand and losing on another having a zero net effect.

our players moving forward need to offer more, they can't keep relying on someone else to do it for them.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1