January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

3 minutes ago, John said:

It seems Barry is staying where he is and will always now be an ex-Villa player having just extended his contract at Everton until 2018. 

Maybe he's got a Gana type release clause we could trigger :D

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, sne said:

Maybe he's got a Gana type release clause we could trigger :D

Barry will be 37 years old in 2018, he would still add greatly to the football club, I remember his debut for us which scares me but also makes me feel proud at the same time

Aston Villa want to sign Legia Warsaw defender Bartosz Bereszynski in January, according to Polish outlet Przeglad Sportowy.

The 24-year-old right-back, who has three caps for the Polish national team, has apparently been identified as a January target.

The defender is a regular starter for Legia Warsaw and they won’t be keen to let him leave but a chance to move to England could lead to him pushing for a move.

some link

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Barry will be 37 years old in 2018, he would still add greatly to the football club, I remember his debut for us which scares me but also makes me feel proud at the same time

I remember his debut at home too......I was never in any doubt about his play from the first time I seen him.....but he is like mature wine, gets better every year.

He gave us 12 good years and may of stayed had we not gone through years of poor development.

we have had some fine players but in the main unable to develop a team.

• Like 1

I remember that I used to call Darius Kubicki Dangerous Kubicki because of fear of him having the ball. However, having witness Lowton, Bennett, Hutton, Cissokho etc play full-back for us in recent times I have become more open-minded about what the word "quality" actually means and would have another Dangerous over the afore-mentioned bunch any day.

I'd have Lowton back in a heartbeat though I suppose it would depend on how true the rumours surrounding how comfortable this far south he was.

Either way, new right-back sounds promising. I don't think anyone was expecting big signings in January, were they?

4 hours ago, Ginko said:

I'd have Lowton back in a heartbeat though I suppose it would depend on how true the rumours surrounding how comfortable this far south he was.

Either way, new right-back sounds promising. I don't think anyone was expecting big signings in January, were they?

I wouldn't have lowton anywhere near the team.

ST  Scott Hogan from Brentford - 13 goals from 21. 

CM  Hourihane from Barnsley 8 assists 4 goals

Both have contracts expiring end of the season

Both young and in the Championship with potential to step up to the premier league. No brainers.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 4