January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

4 minutes ago, KSV said:

ST  Scott Hogan from Brentford - 13 goals from 21. 

CM  Hourihane from Barnsley 8 assists 4 goals

Both have contracts expiring end of the season

No brainers.

Think if offered a decent amount we'd get both. £4-5m each? Not seen much of Hogan but Hourihane is better than what we have. I think both would contribute though and for that money for their age you'd get it back if they can't cut it. 

Just now, dn1982 said:

Think if offered a decent amount we'd get both. £4-5m each? Not seen much of Hogan but Hourihane is better than what we have. I think both would contribute though and for that money for their age you'd get it back if they can't cut it. 

Exactly. Talk is 7 million for Hogan and similar for Hourihane. 

5 minutes ago, KSV said:

Exactly. Talk is 7 million for Hogan and similar for Hourihane. 

Wow!

That is a lot for uncapped lower league players with expiring contracts.

Money in English football really is silly.

(Not saying they won't be good signings because I know nothing about them.)

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is he one of the lads that just signed for Preston or am i wrong?

no that is Horgan, he is a good player and better option for Preston than McGeady

Hogan came from non-league I think and lot of comparisons with Vardy about him. highly touted for Ireland squad like Jack but he declared for England too

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sne said:

Wow!

That is a lot for uncapped lower league players with expiring contracts.

Money in English football really is silly.

(Not saying they won't be good signings because I know nothing about them.)

It is but I think he'd prove to be better value than Kodjia and McCormack, really like the look of him.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

On 16/12/2016 at 15:27, hippo said:

Bruce has just said there will be no big signings in Jan

I can appreciate that we would not want to suggest that money is of no object to us before we enter transfer negotiations. I would be happy with a right back, a couple of midfield players and a striker either on loan or on a permanent basis but increasing our chances of getting into the top 6 and getting promoted would be worth a lot more than say a couple of £6m-£7m signings to us if they might make the difference.     

Edited by John
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

no that is Horgan, he is a good player and better option for Preston than McGeady

Hogan came from non-league I think and lot of comparisons with Vardy about him. highly touted for Ireland squad like Jack but he declared for England too

Great knowledge there Zatman, you are a very knowledgeable football poster and also a great guy and maybe also a massive Zat Knight fan? I don't know, I'm curious

• Like 4

20 hours ago, KSV said:

ST  Scott Hogan from Brentford - 13 goals from 21. 

CM  Hourihane from Barnsley 8 assists 4 goals

Both have contracts expiring end of the season

Both young and in the Championship with potential to step up to the premier league. No brainers.

We definitely don't need any new strikers. We have plenty of them. The problem is there is nobody to win the ball and nobody to create chances for them. 

We need a midfield. Badly!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

We definitely don't need any new strikers. We have plenty of them. The problem is there is nobody to win the ball and nobody to create chances for them. 

We need a midfield. Badly!

Disagree. Well I agree about midfield but our strikers aren't very good. Our only good one we lose for a month. Ideally if we could sell Gestede and bring in another striker. Two midfielders a cb and RB and keeper. Too much to do in January.

On 16/12/2016 at 15:27, hippo said:

Bruce has just said there will be no big signings in Jan

I think he's said there won't be 'a huge influx of players' coming in. Two different things really.

Still feel the Villa need a minimum of 5 players. Keeper, RB, 2 midfielders and another striker to cover for the African Nations. I would assume that the loan market would be utilized for at least two signings?

Edited by striker

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

prob watching Hourihane

Hold on, hold on, hold on, there's two questions we need answering before you make any more contributions to the thread:

1) Are you a Zat Knight fan?

and, more importantly:

2) Are you a great guy?

Kthxbai

• Like 1