Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Absolutely.

He needs to get out.  We're done with him here.  We struggle to win any games and we draw or lose far too many.  Wins are pointless as they're followed by dropped points, and all they're doing is prolonging his pointless continuation in the role.  The sooner he's gone, the sooner we can start to get promoted.  Until then I don't care.  I don't care if we win because we're not going up, and I don't care if we lose because we're not going down.  Our results under Bruce literally don't matter at the moment.

My thoughts entirely.

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

That will be me then.

I never wanted him, never thought he was good enough.

My youngest son is a Sunderland supporter, so I had all the information I needed about Bruce's `management skills'.

Poor kid. How does that even happen unless you’re from Sunderland?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've seen posters being castigated for saying "I would rather lose the next match if it meant that Bruce would be sacked". The standard reply is "I'm Villa through and through and I would never want us to lose a game, shame on you"!

I'm still going to say it knowing that I'll probably get jumped on.

We play Bristol City on Friday night and Preston on Tuesday night, and I really hope that we lose both of these matches.

Bruce cannot survive another two losses on the spin, and Villa cannot continue with this clown at the helm.

I'm not even going to reach for a tin hat .... because I'm convinced it's absolutely necessary!

I'm with you on this. I see it a bit like having a grumbling appendix. It's not an emergency situation, I'm not functioning 100% but I'm there or thereabouts for the most part.

I know it's got to be excised because it's never going to get better, but I don't want to be cut open - with the attendant risks of surgery - and the prospect of a few days in a hospital, bed crapping into a papier mache receptacle fills me with revulsion and there's not really a good time to do it, I have a busy life and could do without the disruption. Things at the moment are stable, and I like that. Sub-par but stable.

However, I do need to get it done before I develop acute peritonitis, have emergency intervention, a more radical procedure and a longer recovery period. A dose of severe pain could be just what I need to make me take action and get Brucectomy done.

:lol: It's so lousy at the moment I'd take it without anaesthetic, I'd bite a piece of leather wadding.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

Absolutely.

He needs to get out.  We're done with him here.  We struggle to win any games and we draw or lose far too many.  Wins are pointless as they're followed by dropped points, and all they're doing is prolonging his pointless continuation in the role.  The sooner he's gone, the sooner we can start to get promoted.  Until then I don't care.  I don't care if we win because we're not going up, and I don't care if we lose because we're not going down.  Our results under Bruce literally don't matter at the moment.

Spot on. I'm actively hoping we lose now because it's the only way to get shot of him. I hope the fans turn on him and the players too. The time for action is now, not in a month's time. 

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

Absolutely.

Well said, and sums up my feelings exactly. 

• Like 1

And on the point of there being a sequential process of appointments - new CEO, scouts out, maybe incoming DOF/Sporting Director, Bruce out, incoming Head Coach and coaching and scouting team - I'm not convinced it will be quite so sequential.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen more or less simultaneously with the DOF and new coach being announced together. I would like to think that is what is happening behind the scenes. A team being formed as a unit that can be exchanged for the one in situ.

I was chatting to a friend today who has previous insight into Bruce and his methods, specifically;

1. He doesn't coach the team at all. He really is tactically inept.

2. He has his favourites, and bombs people out to the kids. Players work hard to avoid being in the bomb squad.

In combination, that motivates in the short-term but after a couple of years the player's suss him out and he loses the dressing room. Terry and Snodgrass were his lynchpins last season and he's struggling without them.

I'm not ITK but when I was told this it confirmed to me what I suspected, it's definitely time for Bruce to go, his 2 years really are up and we're only going downhill with him in charge.

Edited by Darth Villa
Typo fix

22 minutes ago, privateer said:

And on the point of there being a sequential process of appointments - new CEO, scouts out, maybe incoming DOF/Sporting Director, Bruce out, incoming Head Coach and coaching and scouting team - I'm not convinced it will be quite so sequential.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen more or less simultaneously with the DOF and new coach being announced together. I would like to think that is what is happening behind the scenes. A team being formed as a unit that can be exchanged for the one in situ.

My hope is that they are currently actively trying to hire a replacement and Bruce is here until that deal is sealed.

• Like 1

I really feel like he has lost any enthusiasm that he may have had for the job. I think he senses the new owners are not exactly enamoured with his style of management and are just waiting for the right moment to show him the door. The recent performances are indicative of a team without direction or momentum. I could half understand it if we had a team of really,  poor players but that's not the case, we are blessed with talented players, Grealish, Connor, Mcginn and Kodgia,

when he's in the mood

39 minutes ago, privateer said:

Could be, but the team still needs to be lined up and ready to step in before we sack him, otherwise our options are completely limited and a recipe for failure, its either scrap the plan and go for it with another man which would be more of the same really, or hire an interim manager in the meantime but it's unlikely we'd get an interim manager better than Bruce if we're honest. That's why I don't believe either wins or losses will have any impact on Bruce's future with us, so I simply can't get on board with the praying for losses like some on here 

27 minutes ago, BOF said:

My hope is that they are currently actively trying to hire a replacement and Bruce is here until that deal is sealed.

6 minutes ago, weedman said:

Could be, but the team still needs to be lined up and ready to step in before we sack him, otherwise our options are completely limited and a recipe for failure, its either scrap the plan and go for it with another man which would be more of the same really, or hire an interim manager in the meantime but it's unlikely we'd get an interim manager better than Bruce if we're honest. That's why I don't believe either wins or losses will have any impact on Bruce's future with us, so I simply can't get on board with the praying for losses like some on here 

Absolutely, I'm not intending to suggest otherwise. On the contrary, that's what I meant in terms of behind the scenes activity going on now and what would be effectively be a revolving door exchange of the current football team management and coaching structure en masse.

What would be tantamount to, "We've had your desk and office cleared, Steve because there are changes we have made with immediate effect. Here's the severance package, thanks for your work here but you are relieved of duties immediately. Go through that door to pick up the boxes of personal effects, give us the company mobile and laptop and you will be leaving via that door on the left."

One minute after, door to the right opens and new coach and DOF enter to take up reins.

However, if that activity is not taking place behind the scenes, I'll take the losses until it damn well does commence and complete with Bruce's removal.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, privateer said:

Absolutely, I'm not intending to suggest otherwise. On the contrary, that's what I meant in terms of behind the scenes activity going on now and what would be effectively be a revolving door exchange of the current football team management and coaching structure en masse.

What would be tantamount to, "We've had your desk and office cleared, Steve because there are changes we have made with immediate effect. Here's the severance package, thanks for your work here but you are relieved of duties immediately. Go through that door to pick up the boxes of personal effects, give us the company mobile and laptop and you will be leaving via that door on the left."

One minute after, door to the right opens and new coach and DOF enter to take up reins.

However, if that activity is not taking place behind the scenes, I'll take the losses until it damn well does commence and complete with Bruce's removal.

The should be able to put the lap top on eBay to help with ffp, it’ll still be in the box. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Bruce is busy instructing his coaches to get everyone focussed on Bristol City dangerman Joe Bryan ahead of Friday's match.  If he's fit, he's a real danger.

He’s busy finding a plan to stop the exciting  Bristol City striker Johnathan Kodja......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He’s busy finding a plan to stop the exciting  Bristol City striker Johnathan Kodja......

It’s not just Kodjia. I’ve not seen them much this season but have heard the attacking quartet of Bolasie, Adomah, Kodjia and Abraham is pretty lethal for Bristol City. If Bruce can hatch a master plan to nullify these then we’re on to a winner. We should have the edge with Atkinson and Saunders up top. 

• Haha 3

Â