Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Could it be that the owners are keeping Bruce till the end of the season.

Then if no promotion  (provided you meet FFP somehow).

They sack him.

Get in a new manager and give him huge funds ?

26 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

It’s not just Kodjia, have heard the attacking quartet of Bolasie, Adomah, Kodjia and Abraham is pretty lethal. Judging by results Bruce has already hatched a master plan to nullify these.

FFU

4 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Hard work beats ability when ability doesn't work hard.

I could not agree more, if i possibly tried.....a very apt line.

problem is some folk take it as a given....and to be honest it should be....but sadly it isn't.

most of the opposition in this league, its all they've got to hit us with.....and the galling thing for us, its working for them, because we allow it. We must be one of the easiest teams in the league to relieve the ball off....even ricochets and bobbles always seem to go against us.....tackles are clumsy and reluctant and always look untidy that renders fouls against.....We are so bloody easy to overcome.

I have no idea what Steve Bruce see's or what he can do about it.....but it will cost him his job if he don't fix it.

Edited by TRO

15 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Bruce has announced he is going to be playing 2 strikers against Bristol... Jon Kodjia and Jimmy Danger! 

Jimmy Danger......about as dangerous as a Bob Howler.

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

I could not agree more, if i possibly tried.....a very apt line.

problem is some folk take it as a given....and to be honest it should be....but sadly it isn't.

most of the opposition in this league, its all they've got to hit us with.....and the galling thing for us, its working for them, because we allow it. We must be one of the easiest teams in the league to relieve the ball off....even ricochets and bobbles always seem to go against us.....tackles are clumsy and reluctant and always look untidy that renders fouls against.....We are so bloody easy to overcome.

I have no idea what Steve Bruce see's or what he can do about it.....but it will cost him his job if he don't fix it.

I don't think we suffer from a lack of application/effort/failure to put a shift in or whatever you want to call it.

Saturday was the perfect example of where we go wrong for me and it happens so often that it is down to tactics and not down to players not working hard enough. As a team we sit too deep and don't get right up into the opposing teams faces. We make it easy for the opposition to play out from the back and get into our half.  While we often line up with two wide men the emphasis seems to be too much on defending and not going forward. I think that is why we have still seen plenty of Adomah as, much like when Elmo plays wide, he is pretty comfortable doing the defensive side.

I scratch my head sometimes thinking how a team containing 5 or 6 from Grealish, El Ghazi, Hourihane, McGinn, Adomah, Kodjia, Abraham, Bolasie often look so clueless and create so little and I think it is down to them having their natural attacking inclination stifled by the manager being over cautious.

It is in Bruce's DNA to be defensive. Sometimes it is as clear as day in the line up when he will play two of Whelan, Jedi, Barny in midfield, will play Elmo and Adomah out wide. Other times whilst the line up looks attacking the tactics/overly cautious nature of our play means despite what appears to be attacking on paper has more than one eye on being defensive.

It is so frustrating. Those players we had in front of the keeper/back 4 on Saturday would be a dream for any manager at this level. I'd be shit scared if I was a fan of another club and I saw the players on our team sheet and I'd imagine most managers are jealous of what Bruce has at his disposal . What a waste though when you can't get a tune out of them because of your overly cautious nature.

If I had a message for Bruce it would be let the shackles off for ffs and let these attacking players we have play their natural game and go hell for leather in going at the opposition and pinning them on the back foot. It won't happen though will it. It is far more likely we will see Bruce go the other way now and play a much more defensive line up. What a waste.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

...If I had a message for Bruce it would be let the shackles off...

It's not going to happen. It's been like that from the first day, really (before he was appointed, also). It's not going to change. As you say, it's in his DNA to be defensive.

And even if he somehow morphed from a caterpillar to a butterfly, the coaches are not (on the evidence before us) capable of coaching a more creative, attacking style. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

Could it be that the owners are keeping Bruce till the end of the season.

Then if no promotion  (provided you meet FFP somehow).

They sack him.

Get in a new manager and give him huge funds ?

No that’s just wishful thinking on your part. He’ll make way for Pepe in the next couple of weeks and we’ll storm the league. There’ll just be second or playoffs left for you Tykes to go for. ?

• Haha 1

Â