Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Well it's all connected isn't it?

We play like shite, but scrape a point -> Slags off fans after we get a poor 2-0 win against poor opposition -> then fans are way less patient when it comes to total horror shows like Saturday

Not really, in my eyes.

I don't take it as he is slagging me off.....The fans is a generalisation of many opinions.....I think he said a "mad few"

That's not me or you.....or folk on this board.

No real signs of progress. It's the same turgid, unispiring football which isn't getting us results. 

With the players we have we should be Lions and not Kittens. 

I don't know what's going on but I don't like it. Put Steve and us out of our misery. Please.  

Blues would turn us over at present such is the low level of aggression in our side.

Not saying Aggression, Conviction, energy or intensity....is be all and end all.....you have to have technical ability too.

but if you haven't got much of the above, you ain't going anywhere.

• Like 1

From Experience.....Owners rarely act when the fans expect them to.

Its usually a delayed reaction.

They will be examining all the elements and will make their move, when possibly we least expect it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

No real signs of progress. It's the same turgid, unispiring football which isn't getting us results. 

With the players we have we should be Lions and not Kittens. 

I don't know what's going on but I don't like it. Put Steve and us out of our misery. Please.  

Its the main thing for me.

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

Blues would turn us over at present such is the low level of aggression in our side.

Not saying Aggression, Conviction, energy or intensity....is be all and end all.....you have to have technical ability too.

but if you haven't got much of the above, you ain't going anywhere.

Hard work beats ability when ability doesn't work hard.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

The fans is a generalisation of many opinions.....I think he said a "mad few"

I will happily step forward and count myself in as being one of the mad few.

- I've wanted him gone since last season!  :D

BRUCE OUT!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not really, in my eyes.

I don't take it as he is slagging me off.....The fans is a generalisation of many opinions.....I think he said a "mad few"

But in his mind, anyone who wants him out is "mad" and he is trying to play it down by saying its just a "few"

Now you have joined the #BruceOut lot, he is talking about you and pretty much everyone on this board.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TRO said:

They will be examining all the elements and will make their move, when possibly we least expect it.

Perfect scenario: win 5-0 at Ashton Gate on Friday, then announce it 

fans will be buzzin, be the best weekend we've had in ages?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, TRO said:

IMO - the manager always gets a couple more games than the fans expect - I would be surprised if he were still there after the preston game.

27 minutes ago, hippo said:

IMO - the manager always gets a couple more games than the fans expect - I would be surprised if he were still there after the preston game.

I think he will get the next three games unless we get another Shef United type battering. We play Friday, Tuesday and Saturday then there is a two-week international break. To save his job he will need 6-7 points. But with two games away I can't see us getting more than 4. 

To get automatic promotion you need two points a game. That should always be the yardstick. We are currently at 1.44. I think in 3 more games we will be around the same. Mid-table form and we haven't played a top 6 side yet (besides maybe Brentford) he will have to go. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I guess its what floats your boat.

I couldn't give a fiddlers toss what he says in interviews......Its the putrid Dross he presents to us as football that boils my piss.

Same here, but I’m finding him being disrespectful in his interviews. Not on really. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I guess its what floats your boat.

I couldn't give a fiddlers toss what he says in interviews......Its the putrid Dross he presents to us as football that boils my piss.

What he says in his post match pressers is almost always a biproduct of the pish he serves up on the pitch, so I do care what he says, these little comments about us "thickos" are little nails in his managerial coffin and I pray the owners aren't buying them for one second like his press pack mates are.

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So who will take a defeat on Friday if it means Bruce will be sacked?

I’ll try and answer this and hopefully not get drawn into some better fan argument.

For me it would depend on whether they already have an idea on who they want to bring in.

Lose on Friday, sack Bruce, no one lined up as a replacement - no thanks.

Lose on Friday, sack Bruce, a replacement has already been sounded out in anticipation (along with an idea on back room staff etc) - yeah ok, I probably would take a defeat.

It would be annoying that the defeat is against Lee **** Johnson.

I think Bruce will be here until the next international break anyway.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Not really, in my eyes.

That will be me then.

I never wanted him, never thought he was good enough.

My youngest son is a Sunderland supporter, so I had all the information I needed about Bruce's `management skills'.

Â