Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Interesting that he now seems to be trotting out the 'some fans have been against me from the start' mantra. Well, it's up to you Steve to win them over. That is your job. Deliver what your 'reputation' aspires to and get the club promoted, and you will stand a much better chance of winning them over than your current offerings.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

Interesting that he now seems to be trotting out the 'some fans have been against me from the start' mantra. Well, it's up to you Steve to win them over. That is your job. Deliver what your 'reputation' aspires to and get the club promoted, and you will stand a much better chance of winning them over than your current offerings.

absolute horse shit from him to suggest people were against him from the start. There may literally have been one or two who dsiliked him because of nonsense connections to the blues - there always are those perma-braindead idiot fans, but otherwise everyone was prepared to support him, even those with reservations over his capabilities. He has earned all the criticism that has come his way through systematically continually under-achieving, or failing to institute any common coherent style to our play, to failing to adapt to new challenges, to failing to incorporate his own sodding expensive signings into a tactic that works. **** up after big wins with pathetic defeats, crap game management, crap performance and zero creativity. **** him to hell for criticising fans who got fed up with the predictable turgid nonsense,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Don't hold your breath. It'll take the fans to turn on him to get him out. Time to break out the "We're not fickle we just don't like you" bed sheets.

The majority turned at the end of the game on Saturday.

Most of the away support have now also turned on him, I think Friday we will see the remainder turn if we don't perform and pick up 3 points. The longer the board leave it the worse it will get, and that just makes it harder for a new manager to come back from.

1 hour ago, Raver50032 said:

This goes back to the fact that he's a 'small time' manager. He has only ever been successful at underdog clubs with little expectation (Palace, Blues, Wigan, Hull). He was a disaster at Sunderland, who are somewhat of a 'big club' and is proving to be a disaster here. 

He just doesn't have the mentality to be at a club like ours. We are a big club and this is intensified in the Championship where our expectations are promotion and promotion that is automatic. He cannot handle a club of our size and the expectations that are part of the territory.  

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

And the definition of stability also includes letting seven members of the recruitment team go in one fell swoop.

Fairly obvious really.

And stability means that we almost went into administration or was close to going bust 

Edited by Taxahunter
  • Like 1

I think many of us for our sins, have hoped IN TIME and with new players, its going to change.

I think the tipping point has arrived for many like me that was prepared to give him that time.

This is not going to change....There are fundamental deficiencies in this team that is boring rolling them out on every occasion.

Whether, he sees it, denies it or simply has no idea how to correct it....I have no idea.

I am all for stability I think its a bona fide claim.....but we cannot be held hostage to it.

Metaphorically speaking his job is on a life support machine....its just a question of when do they switch it off.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Raver50032 said:

He did the same at Sunderland.

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What’s boiling my piss at the moment  is his post match interviews. Personally, I think he’ll be glad when he’s out of here with a nice pay off. Nothing against the bloke personally, but it’s obvious it’s just not working. 

I guess its what floats your boat.

I couldn't give a fiddlers toss what he says in interviews......Its the putrid Dross he presents to us as football that boils my piss.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I guess its what floats your boat.

I couldn't give a fiddlers toss what he says in interviews......Its the putrid Dross he presents to us as football that boils my piss.

Well it's all connected isn't it?

We play like shite, but scrape a point -> Slags off fans after we get a poor 2-0 win against poor opposition -> then fans are way less patient when it comes to total horror shows like Saturday

• Thanks 1

Â