Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've seen posters being castigated for saying "I would rather lose the next match if it meant that Bruce would be sacked". The standard reply is "I'm Villa through and through and I would never want us to lose a game, shame on you"!

I'm still going to say it knowing that I'll probably get jumped on.

We play Bristol City on Friday night and Preston on Tuesday night, and I really hope that we lose both of these matches.

Bruce cannot survive another two losses on the spin, and Villa cannot continue with this clown at the helm.

I'm not even going to reach for a tin hat .... because I'm convinced it's absolutely necessary!

No doubt you will receive some negative reviews for saying this - you are of course looking at the bigger picture - which I'm afraid has absolutely no room for Steve Bruce 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Well it's going to get nasty which will further affect the players and take longer to rectify. That's this season a write off when there are no clear promotion candidates.

Well done AVFC.

You are right, there is no clear candidates like there was last season.

but we can't get the basics and the fundamentals of the game right.....There are things managers of Sutton United would be unhappy about what we are doing, never mind us.

• Like 1

Moving on from whether Bruce should move on....

When.  I hear the arguments that NSWE are waiting to get everything sorted and a plan.... but two glaring problems with that IMO

1) his contract has a one year payout, everyday we keep him is almost like paying him twice because we have to pay for this day now & the same date in 12 months.  With FFP, a salary saved is a good thing.  

2) the new manager should ideally have a say in the long term plan.  (Defend and counter?  Or play it on the ground through midfield?   Or let wings run deep and cross into the box?  Or rotate motion off the ball vs extablish fixed patterns of movement?  Etc.  Long term it’s fine to have a plan, short term and midterm, you need the ability to adapt that plan to suit the abilities of the players you have.  That’s why a manager included in the planning discussions is ideal.  

Stop the bleed 

32 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've seen posters being castigated for saying "I would rather lose the next match if it meant that Bruce would be sacked". The standard reply is "I'm Villa through and through and I would never want us to lose a game, shame on you"!

I'm still going to say it knowing that I'll probably get jumped on.

We play Bristol City on Friday night and Preston on Tuesday night, and I really hope that we lose both of these matches.

Bruce cannot survive another two losses on the spin, and Villa cannot continue with this clown at the helm.

I'm not even going to reach for a tin hat .... because I'm convinced it's absolutely necessary!

I'm afraid you are too much of a visionary for a lot of fans. They only see the next game as a 'must win' and would rather win it even if it means keeping Bruce in a job than lose it and put another nail in his coffin. Some fans can see that we are going nowhere with this muppet in charge and for me if losing 2 games on the spin ends his reign then so be it because every point we fluke with him in charge just stretches out his tenure and guarantees the inevitable (another season in the fizzy pop league).

• Like 1

He says he needs time, that it is a new team.

I started to go through all the teams to look for their 'excuses', every team has an excuse to fail....

Bruce is the only one I hear constantly reminding his club's fans of them.....

It is getting truly pathetic now, and the longer he is left in charge the more damage that will be done to our season.

The only positive league result in the last 7 games, is we beat a woeful Rotherham at home.

We have the worst defence in the championship.

We have the best attack in the championship.

We have a manager who is really quite good at managing defensive teams.

He's accidentally built the exact opposite of a team he can manage.

What could possibly go wrong?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Playing a Bristol city side who haven't actually played too bad in their last 2 games despite losing both. Ashton Gate on a Friday night. Could be the one that ends Bruce. I know we keep saying after every defeat he's gone but i do think he'd be gone should we lose.

58 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

I'm afraid you are too much of a visionary for a lot of fans. They only see the next game as a 'must win' and would rather win it even if it means keeping Bruce in a job than lose it and put another nail in his coffin. Some fans can see that we are going nowhere with this muppet in charge and for me if losing 2 games on the spin ends his reign then so be it because every point we fluke with him in charge just stretches out his tenure and guarantees the inevitable (another season in the fizzy pop league).

Yeah.

Those bloody fans who want us to win the next game

What on earth are they thinking?!

I have no problem with @villabromsgrove's view. At least he's admitting it rather than most of the posters on here who want us to lose and then pretend they've never wanted that.
I understand why he wants it totally.

But I'm not having your bullshit post that fans that want to see us win the next game, or any game, are thick and can't see what you can because you want us to lose.

Get to **** with that patronising bollocks.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

well, if you was on the board of Manchester United....Sir Alex Ferguson, may have been Alex Ferguson and without a European cup on his CV.

sometimes folk need to be given a chance.

Things I hate in football #232 the false Fergie paradigm.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We accidentally give him a 5 year deal.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Things I hate in football #232 the false Fergie paradigm.

You seem to hate too many things in football.....particularly when they have a point, you disagree with.

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

like a modern day Kevin Keegan

Just now, TRO said:

You seem to hate too many things in football.....particularly when they have a point, you disagree with.

I fear you may have taken the arbitrary number a little too seriously.

I'm also struggling to see how you draw that conclusion given until yesterday I'd not posted on here in 10 months. Its almost like you made it up :)

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I fear you may have taken the arbitrary number a little too seriously.

I'm also struggling to see how you draw that conclusion given until yesterday I'd not posted on here in 10 months. Its almost like you made it up :)

I have a long memory.

paradoxically, i have missed you?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Image may contain: text

Meh..... I am not romantically nourished...

Shocking if this is true from percy, What game are they watching compared to us lot, sick of watching shit football and a manage that keeps having pops at the fans when he knows he’s been found out

Â