Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I don’t even know why we keep comparing a better manager (and one who will never manage us) to Steve Bruce. It seems like a pointless comparison. 

As for Biesla’s squad design, though, they’re  starting with a 19 year old upfront today who has never played in the Championship. Their other two options would have been Roofe (who I do rate) and Bamford (LOL), but both are inured 

In defence, they’ve used Berardi (a right back) as a makeshift central defender because they’ve got only Jansson and Cooper as their two senior centre backs. When they played Swansea, they didn’t have a recognised centre back starting there because both Jansson and Cooper were injured. 

Which is why I let people complain about players out of position, but don't join it.  I don't think players out of position is the problem.  I think failing to have a system that works with the formation and the players we have is Bruce's biggest shortcoming.  any decent coach/manager looks at the resources he has and figures out a way to get the most out of them.  Bruce is an utter failure at that.  I don't know what he does other than figure out the "best" 11 players he has.  Put them on the field in whatever way get's all 11 out there, then tells them to play hard and well, (using some inane metaphor related to some article of clothing) and if it doesn't work, you need better players.  it's football from 100 to 40 years ago and it will never produce the significant changes we need.  

7 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I can understand the owners keeping him because we were so close to the start of the new season, but we will soon have reached the point where if he is still here this will be yet another wasted season with Bruce at the helm.

I don't understand it either.  But I just can't see Bruce getting sacked this week with 3 games.

• Like 1

We have a second string caplable of wining the efl on paper! kodja hourihane , bolasie on the bench Henri Lansbury cant even get on the bench for the leauge we are in we have the same level of depth Man City have for the prem, 5 games without a win? We should be on a 5 game win streak! Bruce out! 

Â